Coal Handling Ropeway (supply of coal from Manugur open cast mine to Aswapuram Heavy Water Plant(it also has a colony))
|District||Bhadradri Kothagudem district|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Manuguru is a census town and mandal in Bhadradri Kothagudem district in the Indian state of Telangana. It comes under Mahaboobabad parliamentary constituency and Pinapaka Assembly constituency. Manuguru is an urban area, situated on the banks of Godavari River. The town is famous for Singareni coal mines. The singareni had provided a lot of employment opportunities. Since there is a availability of coal the TS government has taken an action to construct a power plant(BTPS) in the coal city MANUGURU Pin code of Manuguru is 507117.
As of 2011[update] India census, Manuguru Municipality had a population of 32,091 and Manuguru Mandal had 72,117. Males constitute 49.7% of the population and females 50.3%. Manugur has an average literacy rate of 65.9%, lower than the national average of 74.04%: male literacy is 71.9%, and female literacy is 59.9%. In Manuguru, 9.5% of the population is under 6 years of age.
This section does not cite any sources. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Heavy Water Plant- one and only in Telangana located 12 km from Manuguru - produced water is used in Nucledistrict and one of the important coal seams bore his name. The Hyderabad (Deccan) Company Limited incorporated in England acquired mining rights in 1886 to exploit coal found in Yellandu area. The present Company was incorporated on 23 December 1920 under the Hyderabad Companies Act as a public limited company with the name 'The Singareni Collieries Company Limited' (SCCL). It acquired all the assets and liabilities of the Hyderabad (Deccan) Co. Ltd. Best & Co., acted as Secretaries and Selling Agents. The State of Hyderabad purchased majority shares of the Company in 1945. From 1945 to 1949, the Hyderabad Construction Co., Ltd., was acting as Managing Agent. In 1949 this function was entrusted to Industrial Trust Fund by the then Government of Hyderabad. The controlling interest of the Company devolved on the Government of Andhra Pradesh in 1956 pursuant to the reorganization of States.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 3 May 2015.
- "Cities, Towns and Outgrowth Wards". Citypopulation.de. Retrieved 19 September 2015.
- "District Administration – Formation/Reorganization of District, Revenue Divisions and Mandals in Badradri District at Kothagudem – Final Notification - Orders – Issued" (PDF). Bhadradri Kothagudem District. Retrieved 22 July 2017.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "Heavy Water Plant, Manuguru". Heavy Water Board. Retrieved 30 November 2019.
- Heavy Water Plant
- Heavy Water Plant at Manuguru
- Nuclear Knowledge Management - Heavy Water Plant at Manuguru
constitution of a power plant is going on successfully in the coal city. BTPS