Manurewa railway station
|Auckland Transport Urban rail|
The station in January 2018, seen from the south from the southbound platform
|Owned by||KiwiRail and Auckland Transport|
|Passengers (2011)||3,532 passengers/weekday|
Manurewa railway station is a station serving the suburb of Manurewa in Auckland, New Zealand. It is located on the Southern Line of the Auckland railway network. The station has a side platform layout connected by a pedestrian bridge.
Manurewa's first station had a center-platform layout and was located behind what is now the Russell Road Reserve. From the North it was accessible from a connection to the Jutland Road bridge. To the south it featured a pedestrian overbridge, accessible from the pedestrian path between James Road and Station Road. On the other side of the overbridge was the railway lane, providing road access to the station from Station Road. After realignment of the tracks prior to electrification, very little of the original platform remains.
It was replaced by a station further south (to the north of Station Road). This station had a side-platform layout, connected by the footpath on the adjacent Station Road bridge. Closed after the current station became operational, it was removed in 2011 when the Station Road bridge was rebuilt.
The current station was opened in July 2006 on a site even further south, behind the SouthMall Shopping Centre. It has a side platform layout connected by a pedestrian bridge. The Manurewa Bus Station was built next to the station, providing interconnection with Auckland's bus network.
By January 2014, wires had been installed as part of the Auckland railway electrification project. Since July 2015, all commuter services have been electric, using AM class electric trains.
- 3 tph to Britomart, via Penrose and Newmarket
- 3 tph to Papakura
Manurewa is served by bus routes 33, 361, 362, 363, 365 and 366.
- "Auckland Electrifcation Map" (PDF). KiwiRail. 4 August 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- Auckland Transport Board Meeting (20 November 2012) Agenda Item 10(i) "Rail Electrification Extension" Archived 14 December 2012 at the Wayback Machine. p. 16
- "Auckland's trains going all-electric". Auckland Transport. 13 July 2015. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "Southern Line timetable" (PDF). Auckland Transport. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 June 2016. Retrieved 11 June 2016.
- "Southern Guide – from July 2018" (PDF). Auckland Transport. July 2018. Retrieved 13 July 2018.
|This article about a railway station in New Zealand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|