Manurewa railway station
|Auckland Transport Urban rail|
|Owned by||KiwiRail (track and platforms)|
Auckland Transport (buildings)
Manurewa railway station is a station serving the suburb of Manurewa in Auckland, New Zealand. It is located on the Southern Line of the Auckland railway network. The station has a side platform layout connected by a pedestrian bridge.
Manurewa's first station, opened in 1875, had a center-platform layout and was located behind what is now the Russell Road Reserve. From the north it was accessible from a connection to the Jutland Road bridge. To the south it featured a pedestrian overbridge, accessible from the pedestrian path between James Road and Station Road. On the other side of the overbridge was the railway lane, providing road access to the station from Station Road. After realignment of the tracks prior to electrification, very little of the original platform remains.
It was replaced by a station further south (to the north of Station Road). This station had a side-platform layout, connected by the footpath on the adjacent Station Road bridge. Closed after the current station became operational, it was removed in 2011 when the Station Road bridge was rebuilt.
The current station was opened in July 2006 on a site even further south, behind the SouthMall Shopping Centre. It has a side platform layout connected by a pedestrian bridge. The Manurewa Bus Station was built next to the station, providing interconnection with Auckland's bus network.
By January 2014, wires had been installed as part of the Auckland railway electrification project. Since July 2015, all commuter services have been electric, using AM class electric trains.
- 3 tph to Britomart, via Penrose and Newmarket
- 3 tph to Papakura
Manurewa is served by bus routes 33, 361, 362, 363, 365 and 366.
- "Auckland Electrifcation Map" (PDF). KiwiRail. 4 August 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 June 2013. Retrieved 4 August 2013.
- Auckland Transport Board Meeting (20 November 2012) Agenda Item 10(i) "Rail Electrification Extension" Archived 14 December 2012 at the Wayback Machine p. 16
- Scoble, Juliet (2010). "Names & Opening & Closing Dates of Railway Stations" (PDF). Rail Heritage Trust of New Zealand. Retrieved 10 October 2019.
- "Auckland's trains going all-electric". Auckland Transport. 13 July 2015. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "Southern Line timetable" (PDF). Auckland Transport. Retrieved 21 July 2021.
- "Southern Guide" (PDF). Auckland Transport. Retrieved 22 November 2021.