Manville High School
|Manville High School|
|1100 Brooks Boulevard
Manville, NJ 08835
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Manville School District|
|Asst. principal||Stephen Venuto|
|Enrollment||389 (as of 2014-15)|
|Student to teacher ratio||11.8:1|
Royal blue and|
|Athletics conference||Skyland Conference|
Manville High School is a four-year comprehensive community public high school that serves students in ninth through twelfth grades rom Manville, New Jersey in Somerset County, New Jersey, United States, operating as the lone secondary school of the Manville School District.
As of the 2014-15 school year, the school had an enrollment of 389 students and 33.0 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 11.8:1. There were 139 students (35.7% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 39 (10.0% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
Awards, recognition and rankings
The school was the 277th-ranked public high school in New Jersey out of 339 schools statewide in New Jersey Monthly magazine's September 2014 cover story on the state's "Top Public High Schools", using a new ranking methodology. The school had been ranked 201st in the state of 328 schools in 2012, after being ranked 196th in 2010 out of 322 schools listed. The magazine ranked the school 144th in the magazine's September 2008 issue, which surveyed 316 schools across the state.
Manville High School compete in the Skyland Conference, which is made up of public and parochial high schools spanning Somerset, Hunterdon, and Warren counties in northern New Jersey, operating under the jurisdiction of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA). With 283 students in grades 10-12, the school was classified by the NJSIAA for the 2015-16 school year as Central Jersey, Group I for most athletic competition purposes, which included schools with an enrollment of 12 to 467 students in that grade range.
The wrestling team won the Central Jersey Group I sectional championship in 1982 and 1992-1994.
Core members of the school's administration are:
- James Brunn - Principal
- Stephen Venuto - Vice-Principal / Athletic Director
- School data for Manville High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Manville High School, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed May 30, 2016.
- Staff. "Top Schools Alphabetical List 2014", New Jersey Monthly, September 2, 2014. Accessed September 5, 2014.
- Staff. "The Top New Jersey High Schools: Alphabetical", New Jersey Monthly, August 16, 2012. Accessed December 2, 2012.
- "Top New Jersey High Schools 2010: By Rank", New Jersey Monthly, September 2010, Accessed March 30, 2012.
- League Memberships – 2015-2016, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed May 30, 2016.
- General Public School Classifications 2015-2016, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association, as of December 15, 2015. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- History of the NJSIAA Team Championships, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed December 27, 2016.
- Home Page, Manville High School. Accessed May 30, 2016.
- Manville High School
- Manville School District
- Manville School District's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- School Data for the Manville School District, National Center for Education Statistics