|Song by Vishal-Shekhar, Shreya Ghoshal and Arijit Singh|
|from the album Happy New Year|
|Released||11 September 2014|
|Happy New Year track listing|
"Manwa Laage" (English: My heart feels this) is a romantic Hindi song from the 2014 Bollywood film, Happy New Year. Composed by Vishal–Shekhar, the song is sung by Shreya Ghoshal and Arijit Singh, with lyrics penned by Irshad Kamil. The music video of the soft and melodic track features renowned actors Shahrukh Khan and Deepika Padukone.
On 26 November 2012, director Farah Khan confirmed through Twitter that the first song from Happy New Year had been recorded and it is rendered by Shreya Ghoshal and Arijit Singh. Till then, it was the first time that Singh lent his voice for Shah Rukh Khan, as the song was recorded prior to "Kashmir Main Tu Kanyakumari" (Chennai Express).
|Tamil||Maname Vaa vaa||Neeti Mohan, Vijay Prakash||Pa. Vijay|
|Telugu||Manase Laage||Neeti Mohan, Vijay Prakash||Rakendu Mouli|
The first look of the song was revealed through the officially twitter handle of the movie.The video was officially praised by many and left a great impact after the music video of the song was officially released on 9 September 2014, through the YouTube channel of T-Series said MAhluwalia of Caetio. Along with leading actors Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone, the video also featured the other cast− Abhishek Bachchan, Sonu Sood, Boman Irani, Vivaan Shah. The full song was later released on music-streaming platforms on 11 September 2014.
The song received generally positive reviews from critics. Rohit Vats reviewing for Hindustan Times described the song "simple yet soulful", praising the lyrics by Irshad Kamil. Rajiv Vijayakar from Bollywood Hungama complimented Shreya Ghoshal's rendition in the song stating "Shreya is in customary excellent form and is superlative and more" though criticised "loud, synthetic backing music". Surabhi Redkar from Koimoi stated "While Shreya Ghoshal's voice brings out the mush in you, there is also the soulful voice of Arijit Singh to give you the perfect recipe for a romantic song", and picked the song as one of the best tracks from the album. Joginder Tuteja reviewing from Rediff.com felt that the song " is a catchy number and will enjoy a good shelf life", acknowledging Ghoshal and Singh's vocals with Vishal-Shekhar composition and Kamil's lyrics.
|Guild Awards||Best Female Playback Singer||Shreya Ghoshal||Nominated|||
|21st Annual Life OK Screen Awards||Best Choreography||Farah Khan and Geeta Kapoor|||
|60th Filmfare Awards||Best Female Playback Singer||Shreya Ghoshal||Nominated|||
|Global Indian Music Academy Awards||Best Duet||Shreya Ghoshal and Arijit Singh|||
|7th Mirchi Music Awards||Lyricist of the Year||Irshad Kamil||Won|||
|Sound Engineering of the Year||Satchith Harve, Abhishek Ghatak, Murali|
|Song of the Year||Vishal–Shekhar||Nominated|||
|Music Composer of the Year|
|Male Vocalist of the Year||Arijit Singh|
|Female Vocalist of the Year||Shreya Ghoshal|
|Programmer and Arranger of the Year||Jackie V|
- ""Manwa Laage" song credits". MySwar. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "OFFICIAL: 'Manwa Laage' VIDEO Song". YouTube. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Chennai Express (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". iTunes Store. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Farah Khan 2 November 2012 status update". Twitter. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Happy New Year September 2014 status update". Twitter. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Manwa Laage (From "Happy New Year") – Single". iTunes. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Music review: Happy New Year's music is trendy and young at heart". Rohit Vats. 16 September 2014. Archived from the original on 21 October 2014. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Happy New Year Music Review". Rajiv Vijayakar. Bollywood Hungama. 9 October 2014. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Happy New Year Music Review". Surabhi Redkar. Koimoi. 16 September 2014. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Review: Patriotic flavour in Happy New Year soundtrack". Joginder Tuteja. Rediff.com. 27 September 2014. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Star Guild Awards 2015 nominations". PinkVilla. 7 January 2015. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- "21st Annual Life OK Screen Awards nominations". The Indian Express. 7 January 2015. Retrieved 7 January 2015.
- Filmfare Editorial (19 January 2015). "Nominations for the 60th Britannia Filmfare Awards". Filmfare. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- "Film Music Nominees: GiMA 2015". GiMA. Archived from the original on 5 February 2015. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- Bella Jaisinghani (27 February 2015). "From Sufi to pop, Mirchi night had it all". The Times of India. Retrieved 27 February 2015.
- "Nominations – 7th Mirchi Music Awards". Mirchi Music Awards. 13 February 2015. Archived from the original on 13 February 2015. Retrieved 13 February 2015.