|Developer(s)||Visicom Media Inc.|
|Initial release||March 22, 2006|
|Operating system||Windows, macOS|
|Available in||English, Japanese, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian|
ManyCam is a free live streaming software and video switcher that allows users to add multiple video sources to their live videos and access tons of features while live on a video call or live stream. This software, developed by Visicom Media Inc., is available for Windows and Mac operating systems. With ManyCam, users can add up to 12 video sources, varying between multiple cameras, desktop screencast, images, videos, and apps.
It’s recommended for anyone creating live streams or making video calls and conferences. Because it’s also a webcam software, ManyCam can be connected as a virtual webcam to nearly all video calling apps, like Skype and Google Hangouts. During a video chat, users can adjust their image (brightness, contrast, and color), as well as, add effects and apply all available features. It was placed as the number one webcam software alternative due to its compatibility with many other applications and available features on Windows Report.
With over 60 million downloads worldwide, ManyCam helps users deliver engaging and creative live videos. Many online teachers use this software to add effects and digital props to their classes. They also use the Chroma Key feature to change their background and the Picture-in-Picture feature to keep in contact with the students. Businesses also use ManyCam because they can share their computer screens and specific applications, which makes it easy to do online business presentations and conduct video conferences. What’s more, anyone that makes video calls or create live streams can benefit from its features.
More About ManyCam
On October 2, 2013, ManyCam LLC was acquired by Visicom Media Inc. Visicom Media Inc. was established in 1996 and is a leading developer and pioneer of Internet application technologies. ManyCam has come a long way since then, with several updates and releases. On August 17, 2017, Visicom Media Inc. launched ManyCam 6 with hardware acceleration and overall performance improvements, enhanced features and a customizable interface to help users increase their productivity.
With the free version, users get two video sources, HD resolutions, limited Picture-in-Picture feature, unlimited effects, transitions, streaming to multiple platforms and other limited features. Apart from the free version, since 2017, ManyCam implemented a subscription model and currently offers plans and subscriptions, with different price ranges and features. Users can choose between yearly subscriptions or lifetime, which gives them access to all new updates and versions during the period of their subscription.
ManyCam most popular features are the multiple video sources, multiple channel broadcast, picture-in-picture, screen sharing and the effects panel. With the multiple channel broadcast, users can go live on Facebook and YouTube at the same time, or any other platform they choose. They can also use ManyCam on multiple applications at once. When it comes to screen sharing, users can find many options within the software. They can share their entire screen, choose between monitors, select custom areas or the area under the cursor, and they can select specific apps or hidden windows.
The effects feature on ManyCam, allows users to apply objects, face accessories and masks, backgrounds, boards and overlays to their videos. They can be downloaded from the Effects Gallery, where users can find over 6000 effects created by ManyCam and by other users. Online ESL teachers use these effects to develop games and reward systems for their students. All users can create their own effects and personalize their live video.
There’s also the ManyCam App, which is a mobile application, available for iOS and Android, that allows users to live stream on the go with multiple video sources and other features. This app can also be connected to the desktop software and transform users’ devices into webcams for their live videos.
For Windows users, ManyCam released in 2018, their new game capture module which allows gamers to stream their games live. ManyCam harnesses the power of the users’ GPU with support for many popular video encoders, so it doesn’t use up their CPU. Users can also use an overlay to control their streaming and easily connect to Twitch.
|Version and Date||Features and Additions|
|Version 5.5.0 (11/02/2016)||
|Version 5.4.1 (09/13/2016)||
|Version 5.4.0 (09/08/2016)||
|Version 5.3.2 (08/30/2016)||
|Version 5.3.1 (08/10/2016)||
|Version 5.3.0 (05/23/2016)||
|Version 5.2.0 (04/12/2016)||
|Version 5.1.0 (12/21/2015)||
|Version 5.0.5 (09/24/2015)||
|Version 5.0.4 (09/01/2015)||
|Version 5.0.3 (08/24/15)||
Features of ManyCam 4 - Mac OS
|Version and Date||Features and Additions|
|Version 4.2.3 (10/25/16)||
|Version 4.2.1 (09/16/16)||
|Version 4.1.0 (06/03/16)||
|Version 4.0.5 (03/21/16)||
- "ManyCam.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved 2016-11-15.
- "Webcam software getting started - ManyCam". ManyCam.com. Retrieved 2016-11-15.
- "Windows webcam software changes - ManyCam". download.manycam.com. Retrieved 2016-11-15.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-10-01. Retrieved 2015-08-27.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-06-17. Retrieved 2015-08-27.
- "Free webcam software and screen recorder | ManyCam". manycam.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "Create dynamic live videos using ManyCam's Multiple Video Sources - ManyCam Blog ManyCam Blog". blog.manycam.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "Make Better Video Calls on Skype (or any other software) with ManyCam - ManyCam Blog ManyCam Blog". blog.manycam.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "6 of the best CyberLink YouCam alternative software to use in 2018". Windows Report - Windows 10 and Microsoft News, How-to Tips. 2018-04-09. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "ManyCam Education". manycam.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "How to Use Chroma Key and Why it Can Be Your Live Stream's Secret Weapon - ManyCam Blog ManyCam Blog". blog.manycam.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "ManyCam Business". manycam.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "Visicom Media Inc. Acquires Manycam LLC". PRWeb. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "Visicom Media - Innovate. Engage. Monetize". vmn.net. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "What's new on ManyCam 6 and why is it important for your live streams and video calls? - ManyCam Blog ManyCam Blog". blog.manycam.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "Download free webcam effects software for Windows & Mac |ManyCam". download.manycam.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "How to use Picture-in-Picture feature on ManyCam - ManyCam Blog ManyCam Blog". blog.manycam.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "How to Go Live on Facebook and YouTube at the Same Time - ManyCam Blog ManyCam Blog". blog.manycam.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "Screencast your Desktop with ManyCam - ManyCam Blog ManyCam Blog". blog.manycam.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "How to Use ManyCam Effects to Your Advantage - ManyCam Blog ManyCam Blog". blog.manycam.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "Top downloadable webcam effects |ManyCam". download.manycam.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "4 Ways to Improve your Online ESL Teaching with ManyCam - ManyCam Blog ManyCam Blog". blog.manycam.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "Create your own effects on ManyCam - ManyCam Blog ManyCam Blog". blog.manycam.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "Turn your smartphone into a webcam with the ManyCam App - ManyCam Blog ManyCam Blog". blog.manycam.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.
- "ManyCam". manycam.com. Retrieved 2018-08-27.