This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Developer(s)||Visicom Media Inc.|
|Initial release||March 22, 2006|
|Operating system||Windows, macOS|
|Available in||English, Japanese, German, French|
ManyCam is a freeware program that allows users to use their webcam with multiple chat applications simultaneously, such as Skype, Omegle, Chatroulette, MSN, or YouTube. Users can also add live CGI graphics inside any webcam application, such as changing the appearance of their face, eyes, hair, background and more. ManyCam Pro is a paid upgrade, it provides users with a professional quality live video production studio.
There is also a simple module for creating effects included on the website, which mainly consists of adding image files, videos, and converts them to a ManyCam friendly format. Face effects and backgrounds can also be created. The ManyCam website has a database of more than 9,500 webcam video effects, most of which were contributed by users.
ManyCam uses a webcam or video camera as input for the software itself and then replicates itself as an alternative source of input. Because of this, ManyCam works well with nearly all chat software such as Windows Live Messenger that can use alternative video sources.
On October 2, 2013, ManyCam LLC was acquired by Visicom Media Inc. Visicom Media Inc. was established in 1996 and is a leading developer and pioneer of Internet application technologies.
On December 12, 2013, version 4.0 for Windows was released. This version of the software was a big improvement from previous versions and includes several new features and a new user interface. More recent minor versions of ManyCam included more broadcasting capabilities such as a new Game Capture feature, the ability to stream and broadcast YouTube videos and live events, as well as a new RTMP feature that allows users to broadcast directly to sites like Twitch.tv, Ustream and YouTube Live Events. ManyCam also has a mobile app for Android, which allows users to use their mobile camera as a video source in ManyCam.
On August 24, 2015, version 5.0.3 for Windows was released. This version of the software also refreshed its user interface to a more up-to-date theme and includes several new features. Among them: Windows 10 support and Chroma Key and Motion detection features (paid versions only).
On November 2, 2016, version 5.5 was released. This version has added YouTube Live Streaming alongside the previous Facebook Live Streaming.
ManyCam also has a mobile app which is available for iOS and Android, which allows users to live stream to multiple streaming services which include Facebook Live and YouTube Live ( Which are natively supported. )
Features of ManyCam 5 - Windows
|Version and Date||Features and Additions|
|Version 5.5.0 (11/02/2016)||
|Version 5.4.1 (09/13/2016)||
|Version 5.4.0 (09/08/2016)||
|Version 5.3.2 (08/30/2016)||
|Version 5.3.1 (08/10/2016)||
|Version 5.3.0 (05/23/2016)||
|Version 5.2.0 (04/12/2016)||
|Version 5.1.0 (12/21/2015)||
|Version 5.0.5 (09/24/2015)||
|Version 5.0.4 (09/01/2015)||
|Version 5.0.3 (08/24/15)||
Features of ManyCam 4 - Mac OS
|Version and Date||Features and Additions|
|Version 4.2.3 (10/25/16)||
|Version 4.2.1 (09/16/16)||
|Version 4.1.0 (06/03/16)||
|Version 4.0.5 (03/21/16)||
- "ManyCam.com WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved 2016-11-15.
- "Webcam software getting started - ManyCam". ManyCam.com. Retrieved 2016-11-15.
- "Windows webcam software changes - ManyCam". download.manycam.com. Retrieved 2016-11-15.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-10-01. Retrieved 2015-08-27.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-06-17. Retrieved 2015-08-27.
- "Using ManyCam with all Software & Websites". ManyCam.com. Retrieved 29 August 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-03-25. Retrieved 2015-04-29.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-02-23. Retrieved 2015-04-28.
- "Visicom Media Inc. Acquires Manycam LLC". Prweb.com. 2013-10-02. Retrieved 2016-08-07.
- "News & Updates:ManyCam 4.0 for Windows available now|ManyCam Blog ManyCam Blog". Blog.manycam.com. Retrieved 2016-08-07.
-  Archived March 19, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-03-19. Retrieved 2015-04-29.
- "ManyCam Mobile Source - Android Apps on Google Play". Play.google.com. Retrieved 2016-08-07.
- "ManyCam 5.0 is now available!". ManyCam Blog.
- "ManyCam 126.96.36.199 - Change Log". Filehorse.com. Retrieved 2016-08-07.
- "Windows webcam software changes |ManyCam". download.manycam.com. Retrieved 2016-11-11.
- Shadovitz, Deborah (2009-06-03). "ManyCam lets your iSight work with multiple applications at once". Macworld.com. Retrieved 2016-08-07.
- Adam Pash. "ManyCam Adds iChat-like Backgrounds to Video Chat". Lifehacker.com. Retrieved 2016-08-07.
- "News & Updates: ManyCam Mac 3.0 is Now Available! | ManyCam Blog ManyCam Blog". Blog.manycam.com. Retrieved 2016-08-07.
- "Video switcher & live streaming app for iOS/Android |ManyCam". manycam.com. Retrieved 2016-11-11.