Jump to navigation Jump to search
It was originally defined as 10,000 sq. varas.
Nowadays, it is equivalent to:
- In Argentina: it is equivalent to a hectare (i.e. 10,000 m2)
- In most Central American countries: it is equivalent to approximately 1.72 acres = 6,961 m2, with small variations in each country.
- In Belize: 8,353 m2 = 2.064 acres
- In Nicaragua: 7,042.25 m2 = 1.74 acres
If a Vara=83,59 cm then 10,000 sq. varas (a manzana) is equal to 6,987.29 m2
- While this map is not 100% accurate in measurements, the distribution and volume are consistent with the shape of the manzanas and buildings and the graphic scale is intuitively drawn based on the geography.
- manzana definition on sizes.com
- Russ Rowlett. "How Many? A Dictionary of Units of Measurement". the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
|This standards- or measurement-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|