|Location||Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh, India|
Part of a series on
The Barelvi movement
|Tomb of Imam Ahmed Raza Khan Qadri|
|Founders & Central figures|
|Literature & Notable Works|
Madrasa Manzar-e-Islam (Urdu: مدرسہ منظر اسلام), also known as Jamia Rizvia Manzar-e-Islam, is an Islamic seminary in India. It was founded in 1904 in Bareilly, India by Ahmed Raza Khan Barelvi. It celebrated its hundredth anniversary in 2004 this occasion was marked by a series of publications in monthly magazine Ala Hazrat whose editor in chief is Subhan Raza Khan Subhani Mian.
- In September 2007 Darul Ifta of Manzar-e-Islam issued a fatwa, which declaring the Indian film actor Salman Khan and his family as non-Muslims after they were shown on TV placing Ganesh (a Hindu elephant deity) in their house and worshipping it. The clerics of the Darul Ifta stated in their fatwa that Islam prohibits idol worship and the actor would have to recite the Shahadah in order to become Muslims again. However, a Mufti of Manzar-e-Islam clarified that "they were asked their opinion about Muslims who worship idols and participates in idol worshipping processions, nowhere Salman Khan or his recent act was mentioned. The rule of Islam regarding idol worshipping is quite clear and this act is considered non-Islamic therefore any Muslim involved in worshipping anyone besides Allah need to recite Kalma again" and that the question was general and not specific to any person.
- In February 2015 the madrasa issued a fatwa against Azam Khan a Minister of Uttar Pradesh on his proposal to build a temple for his party president Mulayam Singh Yadav. The madrasa said "In Islam believing in anyone other than Allah is illegitimate and so talking about building a temple is equally wrong,"
- Sanyal, Usha (2008). "Ahl-i Sunnat Madrasas: the Madrasa Manzar-i Islam, Bareilly, and Jamia Ashrafiyya, Mubarakpur". In Malik, Jamal. Madrasas in South Asia: Teaching terror?. Routledge. pp. 23–44.
- "The Madrasa Manzar-i Islam, Bareilly, and Jamia Ashraﬁyya, Mubarakpur | Usha Sanyal - Academia.edu". academia.edu. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- Jamia Rizvia of Bareilly to be upgraded to a university milligazette.com | Nov 09, 2012
- http://www.arabnews.com/node/303776 24 September 2007
- "Fatwa not against Salman Khan: Manzar-e-Islam clarifies | TwoCircles.net". twocircles.net. Retrieved 2015-07-28.
- Islamic Body Issues Fatwa Against Muslims Building Temple newindianexpress.com | Published: 27 March 2015
|This Islam-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a university or college in Uttar Pradesh, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|