Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Mao, MAO, or Appendix:Variations of "mao" in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Mao Zedong (1893–1976) was the founder of the People's Republic of China.
Mao may also refer to:
People and tribes
- Mao (given name), a feminine Japanese given name
- Mao (people), one of the scheduled tribes of India
- Mao (surname), a Chinese surname
- Mao Naga, a Naga tribe in India
- Manual analog override, see manual override
- Maximum tolerable period of disruption, also known as maximum allowable/acceptable outage
- Methylaluminoxane, a pyrophoric white solid
- Molėtai Astronomical Observatory, Lithuania
- Monoamine oxidase, a family of enzymes
- Plasma electrolytic oxidation, also known as "Micro Arc Oxidation"
- Eduardo Gomes International Airport in Manaus, Brazil (IATA code: MAO)
- Martins Heron railway station in Bracknell, Berkshire, United Kingdom (National Rail station code: MAO)
Entertainment and media
- Maō, a 2008 Japanese suspense drama series
- Mao (card game), a card game
- MAO (manga), a Japanese manga series
- Mao: The Unknown Story, a 2005 biography of Chinese Communist leader Mao Zedong
- Mao, a character in the anime series Endro!
- Mahón, also known as Maó, a city on the island of Minorca, Spain
- Mäo (disambiguation), several places
- Mao, Chad, a city in Chad
- Mao County, in Sichuan, China
- Santa Cruz de Mao, also known as Mao, a municipality of the Valverde province in the Dominican Republic
- Jiao (currency), one tenth of a Chinese yuan
- Mah or Mao, the Zoroastrianism's divinity of the moon
- Mao (bird), a bird species Gymnomyza samoensis
- Mao (restaurant chain), Asian-cuisine restaurant chain in Dublin, Ireland
- Mao languages, a group of Omotic languages in western Ethiopia
- Ma‘o, a Hawaiian name for a species of cotton
- ΜΑΘ, Mu Alpha Theta National Mathematics Honor Society
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mao.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.