From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Mao (disambiguation).
|Mao/毛, 茅 etc.|
|Language(s) of origin||Chinese|
wikt:毛 originated from Ji (Chinese: 姬; pinyin: Jī), the clan name of Zhou Dynasty. 毛 is the 106th surname in the Hundred Family Surnames, and ranks 87th largest number of people with this surname in China(2007).
Notable people surnamed Mao
For the related surname Mow, see Mow (surname).
- Mao Chaofeng, politician born in 1965
- Mao Jie, a minister to Cao Cao
- Mao Sidi, pseudonym of Steven W. Mosher (born 1948), American social scientist and author
- Mao Wenlong, a commander of the Ming Dynasty
- Mao Zedong, (1893-1976), the founder of the People's Republic of China
- Mao Xiaobing, former party chief of Xining, investigated for corruption
- Mao Xiaoping, former mayor of Wuxi
- Empress Mao, Empress of Cao Rui during the Three Kingdoms era
- Teresa Mo, Hong Kong actress
- Angela Mao, Taiwanese actress
- Mao Dun, pen name of a Chinese writer
- Mao Yisheng, a Chinese structural engineer.
- Mao Yushi, a Chinese economist, nephew of Mao Yisheng, critic of Mao Zedong.
|This surname-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|