Mao Kobayashi (actress)
July 21, 1982 |
Ojiya, Niigata, Japan
|Relatives||Maya Kobayashi (sister)|
She was born in 1982 in Ojiya. In 2005, she graduated from the department of psychology at Sophia University. On November 19, 2009, it was announced Kobayashi and kabuki actor Ebizo Ichikawa planned to get formally engaged sometime in December 2009.
She has announced that, in 2014, she was diagnosed with breast cancer which, in 2016, reached stage four. In November 2016, the BBC announced that she was one of the BBC's '100 Women 2016' -- a list of inspirational and influential women for 2016 -- after starting a blog about her illness and how she is dealing with it. Titled 'Kokoro' It is now one of the most popular blogs in Japan.
- Tokyo Friends: The Movie (2006)
- Happy! 2 (2006 TBS)
- Taiyou no Uta (2006 TBS)
- Oishii Proposal (2006 TBS)
- Happy! (2006)
- Unfair (2006)
- Slow Dance (2005 TBS)
- Tokyo Friends (2005)
- 「市川海老蔵さんと小林麻央さん結婚へ」 ("Ichikawa Ebizō and Mao Kobayashi to Marry.")。Asahi Shimbun. 19 November 2009. Accessed 22 November 2009.
- "100 Women 2016: Kokoro - the cancer blog gripping Japan". BBC News Online. BBC. 23 November 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "がんと闘病の小林麻央さん、BBCに寄稿 「色どり豊かな人生」". BBC News Japan (in Japanese). BBC. 23 November 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2016.