||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Focus||Retail real estate|
MAPIC (Le marché international professionnel de l’implantation commerciale et de la distribution) is an international retail real estate show held in Cannes, France each November. Organised by Reed MIDEM, and lasting for 3 days, the event consists of conference sessions, an exhibition area and networking events to help facilitate retail real estate development.
Although held in France, participants come from several countries. The next MAPIC will take place 16–18 November 2016.
The event offers conferences and keynote addresses aimed toward retail professionals. The programme typically includes topics such as new retail concepts, multichannel strategies, integrating leisure and culture into the shopping experience, and investment and expansion in mature and growing markets.
Networking at MAPIC
Participants have the option to take part in networking sessions, designed to facilitate new business partnerships.
One of the formats offered, Speed Matching, is based on the concept of speed dating. During a 45-minute session, participants meet with 10 potential partners for 3 minutes each, giving them the time for an introduction and exchange of business cards.
The MAPIC Awards
Each year, developers submit their retail real estate projects for a chance to win a MAPIC Award in one of several categories. Three nominees are chosen in each category by a jury of industry professionals. During MAPIC, the jury, as well as MAPIC delegates vote to determine the winners. The awards are then presented during an awards ceremony.
2011 MAPIC Awards winners
- Best New Retail Concept: Asics Amsterdam Flagship, The Netherlands, Submitted by Wests Design Consultants on behalf of Asics[not in citation given]
- Best Retail Expansion: Desigual,Spain,Submitted by Desigual
- Best Retailer in City Centre: Abercrombie & Fitch, United States
- Best Retail Development: Eurovea,Bratislava, Slovakia,Submitted by Ballymore Eurovea, a.s.
- Best Refurbished Retail Development: Galeria Echo,Kielce, Poland,Submitted by Echo Investment SA
2012 MAPIC Awards winners
2013 MAPIC Awards winners
Shopping Center Puerto Venecia, (Zaragoza, Spain)
2014 MAPIC Awards winners
- BEST FASHION & FOOTWEAR RETAIL CONCEPT : Primark - Ireland
- BEST FOOD & BEVERAGE RETAIL CONCEPT : Five Guys - United States
- BEST NEW RETAIL DESIGN CONCEPT : Tanya Heath Paris - Paris, France
- BEST RETAIL GLOBAL EXPANSION : Vapiano - Germany
- BEST RETAIL DIGITAL STRATEGY : ECE Future Labs - Germany
- BEST POP-UP SHOP : Magnum Pleasure Store – Covent Garden, London - United Kingdom
- BEST NEW SHOPPING CENTRE : Milaneo, Stuttgart - Germany
- BEST REDEVELOPED SHOPPING CENTRE : Alegro Setúbal, Lisbon - Portugal
- BEST OUTLET CENTRE : McArthurGlen Designer Outlets Vancouver Airport - Vancouver, Canada
Country of Honour
Every year, MAPIC names one country as the "Country of Honour", about which there is a series of conference sessions and events. In 2013, the format was slightly changed, and four countries were recognised as "Retail Rising Stars": Brazil, China, India and Russia.