Maple Grove Park Cemetery (Hackensack, New Jersey)
Maple Grove Park Cemetery is located in Hackensack, New Jersey. It is operated by the Maple Grove Park Cemetery Association, at 535 Hudson Street in Hackensack. In 2004-2005 it received the remains of bodies removed from the Hudson County Burial Grounds in Secaucus, New Jersey. The plaque for the Hudson County arrivals reads: "In 2003, the remains of 4,569 of these individuals were removed from the Potter’s Field and brought to this spot to be honored and remembered. May this site serve in perpetuity as their final resting place and a sanctuary of peace."
- Frank Hubschmitt socialist
- John Huyler (1808-1870), represented New Jersey's 4th congressional district in the United States House of Representatives from 1857-1859.
- Leopold William August Brandenburg, physician
- Reverend Louis Goeble, German Lutheran clergyman
- Phillip Henry Shafer, early brick maker on River Road
- Henry Schmultz, in partnership with Shafer as the first and most prolific Brick Man'f.
- Edwin Schmultz, took over Brick Firm, then became Clerk of the Court in Hackensack.
- John Huyler, Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Accessed September 2, 2007.
|This Bergen County, New Jersey state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|