Maple Ridge Secondary School
|Maple Ridge Secondary School|
|21911 122 Ave
Maple Ridge, British Columbia, V2X 3X2
|School type||Public, high school|
|School board||School District 42 Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows|
|Enrollment||1693 (January 16, 2006)|
|Colour(s)||Red, white, black|
Maple Ridge Secondary offers academic courses as part of the Advanced Placement (AP) program, although only the English Language & Composition and English Literature & Composition courses have been taught. It was ranked 201st in the Fraser Institute annual ranking of schools in 2004/05. MRSS also offers an Outreach program.
MRSS sports teams include badminton, basketball, soccer, wrestling, mountain biking, cheerleading, field hockey, curling, swimming, rugby, cross country, track and field, volleyball, water polo, tennis, golf, field lacrosse, and ball hockey.
MRSS is known within its school district and the province of British Columbia for its Digital Art Academy, which offers students classes in the digital arts. These include creating:
- art with Photoshop,
- sound effects and music,
- short films,
- poster art and cartoon-art with Illustrator and Photoshop,
- programming games using Adobe Director and Flash. MRSS is the only school in School District 42 to offer a certificate of membership to a Digital Art Academy.
- Robert Mundell, 1949. (http://www.columbia.edu/~ram15/)
- Tyler Labine, actor 1996.
- Karina LeBlanc, Member of the Canadian Women's Olympic Soccer Team 2008 and 2012.
- Andrew Ladd, NHL player 2003.
- Larry Walker, MLB 5x All Star, 1997 National League MVP
- Brandon Yip, NHL player 2003.
School Reports - Ministry of Education
- Class size[permanent dead link]
- Satisfaction survey[permanent dead link]
- School performance
- Skills assessment[permanent dead link]
|This British Columbia school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|