Maple Township, Cass County, Minnesota
Maple Township, Minnesota
|• Total||36.6 sq mi (94.7 km2)|
|• Land||36.3 sq mi (93.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.8 km2)|
|Elevation||1,348 ft (411 m)|
|• Density||8.0/sq mi (3.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0664898|
Maple Township is a township in Cass County, Minnesota, United States. The population was 291 as of the 2000 census. Maple Township was named from the groves of sugar maple trees within its borders.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.6 square miles (94.7 km²), of which 36.2 square miles (93.9 km²) is land and 0.3 square miles (0.8 km²) (0.85%) is water.
- Goose Lake (vast majority)
- Omen Lake
- Walden Township (north)
- Wilson Township (northeast)
- Loon Lake Township (east)
- Home Brook Township (south)
- Meadow Brook Township (southwest)
- Moose Lake Township (west)
The township contains three cemeteries which include: Grace Lutheran, Lunde and Mayo Creek.
As of the census of 2000, there were 291 people, 108 households, and 80 families residing in the township. The population density was 8.0 people per square mile (3.1/km²). There were 119 housing units at an average density of 3.3/sq mi (1.3/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 99.31% White, and 0.69% from two or more races.
There were 108 households out of which 38.9% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.8% were married couples living together, 3.7% had a female householder with no husband present, and 25.9% were non-families. 24.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.3% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.69 and the average family size was 3.20.
In the township the population was spread out with 29.9% under the age of 18, 6.5% from 18 to 24, 28.2% from 25 to 44, 24.4% from 45 to 64, and 11.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females, there were 109.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 129.2 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $36,250, and the median income for a family was $37,000. Males had a median income of $25,000 versus $22,679 for females. The per capita income for the township was $14,583. About 6.1% of families and 8.5% of the population were below the poverty line, including 10.6% of those under the age of eighteen and 6.7% of those sixty five or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder - Maple Township total population
- Upham, Warren (1920). Minnesota Geographic Names: Their Origin and Historic Significance. Minnesota Historical Society. p. 90.