Mapleton High School (Ashland, Ohio)
|Mapleton High School|
1 Mountie Drive
|School district||Mapleton Local School District|
|Student to teacher ratio||16:1|
|Color(s)||Royal blue and red|
|Slogan||"The Home of the Mounties"|
|Athletics conference||Firelands Conference|
Mapleton High School is a public high school in Orange Township, near Ashland, Ohio, United States. It was created in 1962 by merging the high schools in Polk and Ruggles-Troy. (Nova's high school had previously merged with Ruggles to create Ruggles-Troy). It is the only high school in the Mapleton Local School District and serves approximately 290 students in grades 9 to 12. Athletic teams are known as the Mounties with school colors of royal blue and red.
All three of the Mapleton buildings are located on one campus at the southeast corner of County Roads 801 and 620, about 3 miles north of Nankin, Ohio. Mountie Drive runs through campus and connects CR 801 with CR 620 after winding by all three buildings. Despite Mountie Drive serving as the mailing address for the high school and the elementary school, the middle school still uses CR 801 for its address.
- "Mapleton High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved February 20, 2019.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Archived from the original on 2010-11-03. Retrieved 2009-12-15.
- IES. "National Center for Education Statistics". Retrieved 2011-09-20.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-11-20. Retrieved 2008-07-16.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Bates, Jarred A. (December 22, 2014). "Crestline to join Mid-Buckeye Conference in 2015". Mansfield News Journal. Retrieved January 3, 2015.