Picture of the front entrance of Maplewood Mall in Minnesota.
|Location||Maplewood, Minnesota, United States|
|Address||3001 White Bear Avenue North|
|Developer||Homart Development Company|
|No. of stores and services||113|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||931,000 square feet (86,500 m2)|
|No. of floors||2|
Maplewood Mall is a super-regional shopping mall located in Maplewood, Minnesota, United States. It is located two blocks off Interstate 694 on the Saint Paul side of the Twin Cities. Maplewood Mall opened in 1974. It was later renovated and expanded in 1996 and is thought to be in the top six malls in the metropolitan area in terms of visitors. It is managed by WP Glimcher out of Columbus, Ohio.
The mall was renovated in 2011 with updated entrances, new carpeting and tile, energy-efficient lighting, and updated restrooms. A Metro Transit hub opened near the mall in 2004 and features 425 park and ride stalls. The mall is open two hours earlier than the stores open to allow people to get exercise by walking in a temperature controlled environment.
- Macy's (opened as Powers Dry Goods 1974, converted to Donaldson's 1985, Carson Pirie Scott in 1987, Dayton's in 1996, Marshall Fields in 2001)
- Sears (opened 1974)
- Kohl's (opened as Mainstreet)
- JC Penney (former Mervyn's location)
- Powers Dry Goods (1974–1985)
- Donaldson's (1985–1987)
- Carson Pirie Scott (1987–1995)
- Dayton's (1996–2001)
- Marshall Field's (2001–2006)
- Main Street (1974–1987)
- "Twin Cities retailers face bleak holidays as shoppers cut back". Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal. September 30, 2012. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Maplewood Mall leasing information" (PDF). Simon Malls. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Maplewood Mall's new look makes shoppers feel at home". "Pioneer Press". Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- "Metro Transit to open hub in Maplewood Mall -". Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal. 2004-11-19. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Maplewood Mall Open to Walkers". Maplewood-oakdale-northstpaul.kstp.com. 2011-06-20. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Bus would go St. Paul MN to White Bear Lake in 37 minutes". Retrieved 2016-12-23.
- "Residents invited to learn more about Rush Line at open houses |". forestlaketimes.com. Retrieved 2016-12-23.