Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up mapping in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The present disambiguation page holds the title of a primary topic, and an article needs to be written about it. It is believed to qualify as a broad-concept article. It may be written directly at this page or drafted elsewhere and then moved over here. Related titles should be described in Mapping, while unrelated titles should be moved to Mapping (disambiguation).
Mapping can mean:
- Cartography, the creation of maps, graphic symbolic representations of the features of a part of the surface of the Earth, or any other astronomical or imaginary place.
- Web mapping, mapping using data delivered by GISs
- Mapping (mathematics), a synonym for mathematical function or for morphism
- Gene mapping, the assignment of DNA fragments to chromosomes
- Brain mapping, set of techniques to study the brain
- Data mapping, data element mappings between two distinct data models
- Texture mapping, in computer graphics
- Mind mapping, the drawing of ideas and the relations among them
- Robotic mapping, creation and use of maps by robots
- Spiritual mapping, a practice of some religions
- Projection mapping, the projection of videos on the surface of objects with irregular shapes
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Mapping.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.