Maria Badia i Cutchet
Maria Badia i Cutchet (b. 13 May 1947 in Sant Quirze del Vallès, Barcelona province) is a Spanish politician from Catalonia and Member of the European Parliament for the Spanish Socialist Workers' Party (PSOE), part of the Socialist Group, and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Culture and Education. She is also a member of the European Alliance Group at the European Committee of the Regions.
She is a member of the Delegation for relations with the United States, serves on the international trade committee, and is a substitute for the Delegation to the EU-Russia Parliamentary Cooperation Committee, and the Industry, Research, and Energy committee.
Early life and education
From 1985 until 1994, she served as the coordinator for the First Socialists' Party of Catalonia (PSC)-PSOE Secretariat. After that, she became the international relations coordinator for the PSOE, and then in 1996 became the Secretariat of the President of the Catalan Parliament. In 2000, she was elected to the board of the PSC, where she serves secretary for European and international policy - a role she was re-elected to in 2004 and 2008.
In 2004, she was elected to the parliament of the European Union, and was re-elected in 2009. In 2009, she was the top candidate for the PSC and was also elected vice president of the Group of Alliance of Socialist & Democrats.
- Chavez, Julio (14 February 2012). "Euroencuentros con Julio Chaves. Esta semana con María Badía". Euranet. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "Maria BADIA i CUTCHET". European Parliament. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "AB’deki mali krizi aşmada ortak kültürün rolü". Euronews. 10 November 2011. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- "The 3rd Annual Internet of Things - Keynote Presentations". Forum Europe. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- Declaration (PDF) of financial interests (in Spanish)
- Detailed biography[permanent dead link] (in Spanish)
- Shorter biography[permanent dead link] (in Spanish)
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Spain is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|