María Trinidad Sánchez
María Trinidad Sánchez (16 June 1794, Santo Domingo- 27 February 1846, Santo Domingo) was a Dominican freedom fighter and a heroine of the Dominican War of Independence. She participated on the rebel side as a courier. Together with Concepción Bona, Isabel Sosa and María de Jesús Pina, she took part in designing the Dominican flag. She was executed after having refused to betray her collaborators in exchange for her life. The María Trinidad Sánchez Province is named after her.
- "Concepción Bona". educando.edu.do. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- Ángela Peña. "Concepción Bona". hoy.com.do. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- "Origen y evolución de la bandera dominicana" [Origin and development of the Dominican flag]. Periódico Digital Dominicano. 26 February 2015.
- "Bandera Nacional" [Dominican Flag]. Presidency of the Dominican Republic. Retrieved 26 July 2016.
- Biografía y valoración en Red Poder Comunitario.