Mara Clara (2010 TV series)
|Created by||Emil Cruz, Jr.|
|Based on||Mara Clara (1992-1997)|
Ma. Regina Amigo |
Danica Mae Domingo
Jerome Chavez Pobocan |
Claudio "Tots" Sanchez-Mariscal IV
Kathryn Bernardo |
Desiree del Valle
|Opening theme||Mara Clara by Carol Banawa|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, English|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||158|
|Executive producer(s)||Jennifer Borja-Soliman|
Marion Bautista |
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Dreamscape Entertainment Television|
|Picture format||NTSC (480i)|
|Original release||October 25, 2010– June 3, 2011|
Mara Clara (1992 - 1997) |
Kaew Lorm Petch - Thailand Drama (2008 - 2009)
Mara Clara is a Philippine television drama which aired on ABS-CBN from October 25, 2010 to June 3, 2011. It is a remake based on the 1992 original television series of same title that starred Judy Ann Santos and Gladys Reyes. Directed by Jerome Chavez Pobocan, starring Kathryn Bernardo and Julia Montes together with an ensemble cast, replacing 1DOL.
It was also in celebration of the 60 Years Of Philippine Soap Opera year end offering.
Mara Clara is a remake of the 1992 television series, Mara Clara an adapted novel and serial of Emil Cruz Jr. produced by ABS-CBN. In 1996, the original TV series was adapted into a film where the whole cast reprised their role except for Eruel Tongco's character Gary Davis who was played by William Martinez in the movie due to Tongco's death. In August 2010, ABS-CBN announced that they have decided to remake the television series with Kathryn Bernardo slated for the role of Mara opposite Julia Montes as Clara which centres two children who were both born in the same day and was switched by their uncle, Karlo (Ping Medina). However it was noted that Karlo is just following his brother Gary's (Jhong Hilario) order. Until both two daughters returned to the people who they were belong to. The series premiered from October 25, 2010 to June 3, 2011.
- Kathryn Bernardo as Mara David / Mara del Valle
She is the loving and hardworking daughter who will do anything to support her family's needs. Mara is kind, good, and intelligent. Her life became miserable when Clara enters the picture to oppose. Despite, all of these misfortunes, she still holds on her faith in God and believes that the sun will shine again for her.
- Julia Montes as Clara del Valle / Clara David
Clara is the main villain of the story. She is the sophisticated and bitter enemy of Mara. She is a student and comes from a well-off family. Clara resents the physical appearance of Mara and hates her for being productive and happy. Like Mara, she is intelligent and competitive. She is still head-over-heels in love with Cristian. Beautiful, socialite and free-spirited. However, deep down, Clara is scheming, ambitious, cunning, psychopathic, greedy, arrogant, ruthless, vindictive and tries in lots of ways to hurt Mara, deeply in love with Christian, and vows to do everything just to win the latter in her life. She will make the life of the protagonist miserable as hell. In the end, she and Mara was kidnapped by Gary, Clara survived.
- Gina Pareño as Lupe David - Mara's evil and cruel grandmother who knows nothing but money.
- Mylene Dizon as Susan David - Mara's kind mother, later it is revealed that she is not the latter's mother.
- Jhong Hilario as Gary David - Mara's cruel and sadistic father, later it is revealed that he is not the latter's father. He is the real father of Clara. Later in the end. He kidnapped both Clara and Mara and tried to kill them.
- Dimples Romana as Alvira del Valle - Mara's real mother.
- Bobby Andrews as Amanthe del Valle - Mara's father.
- Albie Casiño as Christian Torralba - Mara's boyfriend.
- Ping Medina as Karlo David - Susan's brother.
- Desiree del Valle as Christina Borres - Villain, Gary's evil mistress who supports his crimes.
- John Manalo as Erris Reyes
- Diego Loyzaga as Derrick Gonzales
- Chokoleit as CG
- Tia Pusit† as Yaya Bonnel
- Jamilla Obispo as Lenita Santos
- Cherry Lou as Vanessa Torralba
- Jan Marini Alano as Virginia/Barang
- Kiray Celis as Desiree Francisco - She is Clara's evil and partner in crime. She also hates Mara and her friends. Together with Clara they make Mara's life miserable as hell.
- EJ Jallorina as Butch Mauricio
- Aria Clemente as Christina "Jin Jin" Tianghan
- Vangie Martelle as Abby
- Arie Reyes as Kaye
- Phytos Ramirez as Miguel Soriano
- Solo Kiggins as Anthony Mercado
- Marion Gopez as Mickey Torres
- Renzo Cruz as Nathaniel Gonzales
- Helga Krapf as Carlotta Gonzales
- Francis Magundayao as Nick Paraiso
- Andre Tiangco as Atty. Barrameda
- Kimberly Fulgar as young Mara David / Mara del Valle
- Christine Joy de Guzman as young Clara del Valle / Clara David
- Basty Alcances as young Christian
- Bugoy Carino as young Erris
|PILOT EPISODE||FINALE EPISODE||PEAK||AVERAGE||SOURCE|
- Mara Clara: Feature Article retrieved via www.abs-cbn.com 10-23-2010
- Mara Clara aims to please new viewers and fans of the original series retrieved via www.abs-cbn.com 10-25-2010
- Kathryn Bernardo and Julia Montes topbill ABS-CBN's remake of Mara Clara retrieved via www.pep.ph 09-29-2010
- "Kantar Media: Nationwide TV Ratings - March 7, 2014 (Friday) - LionhearTV". Archived from the original on March 11, 2014.
- "NATIONAL TV RATINGS (Urban + Rural): March 7, 8, and 9, 2014".
- "Kantar Media: Nationwide TV Ratings - August 26, 2013 (Monday) - LionhearTV". Archived from the original on January 8, 2014.
- "Most Watched TV Pilot and Finale episodes of 2013 - LionhearTV". Archived from the original on 2014-01-20.