|Born||Mara Isabella Yokohama[fn 1]
May 20, 1991
San Pablo, California, U.S.
|Agent||Star Magic (1998–2011; 2014-present)
GMA Artist Center (2011–2014)
Mara Lopez was born on May 20, 1991, the daughter of beauty queen, Bb. Pilipinas Universe 1982 and actress Maria Isabel Lopez with Japanese ex-husband Hiroshi Yokohama. She is the older of two siblings. Her younger brother is five years younger.
Lopez made her acting debut in 2003, playing a younger version of her real-life mother Maria Isabel Lopez, in an episode in GMA's Magpakailanman.
In 1998 she was launched, along with 23 other aspiring actors and actresses, as a member of Star Magic Batch 13. She then starred in ABS-CBN's Sineserye Presents: Natutulog Ba Ang Dios?, a role which got the attention of the audience, critics and her co-stars alike.
Yokohama was one of the castaways of Survivor Philippines: Celebrity Doubles Showdown in November 2011.
Her father Hiroshi Yokohama was the one who taught Mara how to surf. She learned how to surf at age 6 in the coastal barangay of Urbiztondo in La Union. In 2002 she won the Surfing Championship-Ladies Division at 11 and became the youngest Filipina surfing champion.
Aside from surfing, she also practices Brazilian jiu-jitsu. She first introduced the sport under the guidance of actor Sid Lucero. Lopez is also set to compete in the 2016 World Jiu-Jitsu Championships to be held in San Diego, California on June 2016.
|2007||Star Magic Presents: Abt Ur Luv|
|2007||Sineserye Presents: Natutulog Ba Ang Dios||Tina Ramirez|
|2007||Love Spell Presents: Cindy-rella|
|2008||Star Magic Presents: Astigs in Haay...skul lyf||Mara|
|2008||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Payang||Episode: "Notebook"|
|2008||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Lilac volunteer||Episode: "Journal"|
|2009||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Episode: "Boarding House"|
|2009||Shall We Dance: The Celebrity Dance Challenge||Herself||Episode: "Mama and Me"
Guest, with Maria Isabel Lopez
|2010||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Jenna's colleague||Episode: "Litrato"|
|2010||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Fe||Episode: "Bracelet"|
|2010||Elena M. Patron's Momay||Stephanie|
|2011||Maalaala Mo Kaya||Daughter||Episode: "Bibliya"|
|2011–2012||Survivor Philippines: Celebrity Doubles Showdown||Herself - Castaway||Runner Up|
|2015||Pasión De Amor||Dinora Rosales|
|2015||Single / Single||Tricci|
|2016||The Story of Us||Teresa||Supporting Cast|
|2002||Masarap na Pugad||Young Koala|||
|2008||Sta. Mesa||Sel||Alternative title: "Following Rosa"
Credited as "Maria Lopez"
|2013||Ang Kwento Ni Mabuti||Lucia de la Cruz|
|2014||K'na, The Dreamweaver||K'na|
- Mara Lopez was born in the United States. Thus, she does not possess her mother's maiden name which is Lopez.
- "A Look at Other GMA-7 Shows New and Old". Retrieved April 20, 2008 – via newsflash.org.
- Aprylle Liabres. "Not Just Her Mother's Daughter". City Times. Khaleej Times Online. Retrieved April 20, 2008.
- "Mara Isabella Lopez Shares her Fondness for Surfing". pep.ph. June 3, 2006. Retrieved June 4, 2009.
- Lastrilla, Gary Ann (April 17, 2016). "Exclusive: Mara Lopez to compete in 2016 World Championships of Jiu-jitsu". Push. Retrieved April 17, 2016.
- "'Karelasyon' Halloween Stories Tampok ang Kwentong Tungkol sa Gayuma, Sanib, at Pagmumulto". GMA News Online. October 15, 2015. Retrieved October 17, 2016.
- "Cast". Sta. Mesa. Retrieved June 5, 2011.
- "Watawat Recalls the Creation of the Philippine flag". Guide / Indie. pep.ph. January 18, 2010. Retrieved June 5, 2010.
- Ching, Mark Angelo (December 3, 2012). "Scions of Veteran Actors Win Top Acting Awards in Cinema One Originals 2012". pep.ph. Retrieved December 13, 2012.
- Dabu, Bianca Rose (May 25, 2015). "Good Vibes for Solenn and Co. at La Union Surf Movie". GMA News Online.
- Mendoza, Arvin (October 19, 2015). "'Flotsam' Movie Shows Beauty of La Union and Stars' Bodies". Philippine Daily Inquirer.