Map of Samar with Marabut highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|Congr. district||2nd district of Samar|
|Established||July 22, 1949|
|• Mayor||Percival A. Ortillo Jr.|
|• Total||143.55 km2 (55.42 sq mi)|
|• Density||110/km2 (270/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Marabut is a fifth class municipality in the province of Samar, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 15,115 people. Its coast stretches more than twenty kilometers along the San Pedro Bay and Leyte Gulf.
- Catato (Pob.)
- San Roque (formerly sitio Cabugao)
- Santo Niño (Pob.)
- Amantillo (Pob.)
- Lipata (Pob.)
- Santa Rita
During the early Spanish Era, the municipality of Marabut was a mere sitio of Basey, which evolved into a barrio. In 1949, Ysidro M. Ferreras who was then the Mayor of Basey submitted to President Elpidio Quirino a proposal to convert Barrio Sto. Niño into a separate municipality. Thus on July 22, 1949, Executive Order No. 247 was signed creating the Municipality of Marabut, named in honor of Congressman Serafin Marabut who was a native of Basey. Ysidro Ferreras was elected as the first municipal mayor.
|Population census of Marabut|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- "Province: Samar (Western Samar)". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 15 May 2013.
- "An Act Converting the Sitio of Pinana-an in the Municipality of Marabut, Province of Samar, into a Regular Barrio". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- "An Act Creating the Barrio of San Roque in the Municipality of Marabut, Province of Samar". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-12.
- "Province of Western Samar". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 21 August 2013.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Marabut, Samar.|
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
- Official Website of Marabut Samar
|San Pedro Bay||Lawaan, Eastern Samar|