|Sub-region||West Nile sub-region|
|• Land||1,572.2 km2 (607.0 sq mi)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Maracha District is a district in the West Nile sub-region, in the Northern Region of Uganda. It was formed in 2006 from Arua District. Initially the county of Terego was also removed from Arua District, to be part of the new district (Maracha-Terego District). However, after nearly five years of disagreements between Maracha and Terego counties, Terego County opted to return to Arua District and Maracha County went on to form the new district on its own.
The district is bordered by Koboko District to the north, Yumbe District to the northeast, Arua District to the east and south. The Democratic Republic of the Congo lies to the west of Maracha District. The town of Maracha, in Maracha District, is located approximately 39 kilometres (24 mi), by road, north of Arua, the largest town in the sub-region. The coordinates of the district are:03 17N, 30 56E. (Latitude:3.28750; Longitude:30.94000). The District consists of one county, Maracha County, with headquarters at Maracha.
In 1991, the national population census estimated the population of the district at about 107,600. The 2002 national census estimated the district population at about 145,700. In 2014, the national population census enumerated the district population at 186,134
Crops raised include:
- Uganda Bureau of Statistics (27 August 2014). "Population of Maracha District In 1991, 2002 and 2014". Citypopulaton.de. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- Maseruka, Josephine (3 September 2006). "Terego, Maracha Workers Miss Pay". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- Mugabi, Frank (20 June 2010). "Maracha district elects interim council". New Vision. Kampala. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- Uganda District Map
- GFC (13 June 2016). "Distance between Maracha, Northern Region, Uganda and Arua, Northern Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com (GFC). Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- Google (13 June 2016). "Location of Maracha District, Northern Region, Uganda" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 13 June 2016.