Région de la Marahoué
Location of Marahoué Region (green) in Ivory Coast and in Sassandra-Marahoué District
|1997||Established as a first-level subdivision|
|2000||Divided to create Fromager Region|
|2011||Converted to a second-level subdivision|
|• Prefect||Kouamé Adrien Gbamélé|
|• Council President||Richmond Abi Koffi|
|• Total||9,092 km2 (3,510 sq mi)|
|• Density||95/km2 (250/sq mi)|
|Time zone||GMT (UTC+0)|
Marahoué Region is one of the 31 regions of Ivory Coast and is one of two regions in Sassandra-Marahoué District. The region's seat is Bouaflé. The region's area is 9,092 km², and its population in the 2014 census was 862,344.
Marahoué Region was created in 1997 as a first-level administrative region of the country. In 2000, Oumé Department was split off from Marahoué and combined with Gagnoa Department from Haut-Sassandra Region to form Fromager Region.
As part of the 2011 administrative reorganisation of the subdivisions of Ivory Coast, Marahoué was converted into a second-level administrative region and became part of the new first-level Sassandra-Marahoué District. No territorial changes were made to Haut-Sassandra as a result of the reorganisation.
- "Préfets de Région et de Préfets de Département (Conseil des ministres du mercredi 26 septembre 2012)", abidjan.net, 2 October 2012.
- "Découverte de la Marahoué", ardci-rd.org, accessed 23 February 2016.
- "Côte d'Ivoire". geohive.com. Archived from the original on 22 November 2015. Retrieved 5 December 2015.
- Since 2000. From 1997 to 2000, the area was greater.
- Décret n° 2011-263 du 28 septembre 2011 portant organisation du territoire national en Districts et en Régions.