Marathi Language Day
Marathi Language Day (Marathi Din, Marathi Diwas : मराठी दिन, मराठी दिवस) is celebrated on February 27 every year across the Indian states of Maharashtra and Goa. This day is regulated by the State Government. It is celebrated on Birthday of eminent Marathi Poet Vi. Va. Shirwadkar.
Essay competitions and seminars are arranged in Schools and Colleges. Government officials are asked to conduct various events.
- "मराठी भाषा दिवस - २७ फेब्रुवारी". MarathiMati.com. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- "jagatik marathi bhasha din celebration - divyamarathi.bhaskar.com". divyabhaskar. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- "आम्ही मराठीचे शिलेदार!". Loksatta. 22 February 2013. Retrieved 27 February 2016.
|Marathi edition of Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia|
- भारतीय भाषा ज्योति: मराठी —a textbook for learning Marathi through Hindi from the Central Institute of Indian Languages
- Molesworth, J. T. (James Thomas). A dictionary, Marathi and English. 2d ed., rev. and enl. Bombay: Printed for government at the Bombay Education Society's press, 1857.
- Vaze, Shridhar Ganesh. The Aryabhusan school dictionary, Marathi-English. Poona: Arya-Bhushan Press, 1911.
- Tulpule, Shankar Gopal and Anne Feldhaus. A dictionary of old Marathi. Mumbai: Popular Prakashan, 1999.
- Marathi Wordnet
- English to Marathi and Marathi to English Dictionary
|This Maharashtra-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|