Marauder (Blackfoot album)
|Studio album by Blackfoot|
|Recorded||Subterranean Studio, Ann Arbor, Michigan|
|Genre||Southern rock, hard rock|
|Producer||Al Nalli, Henry Weck.|
The album continued in the same vein as their previous successes, "Strikes" and "Tomcattin`". Opening up with the heavy "Good Morning", and including the ballad "Diary of a Workingman", "Marauder" also sported the hit "Fly Away", which reached No. 42, and another Shorty Medlocke appearance on the "Rattlesnake Rock n' Roller", this time with a spoken introduction and banjo solo. Marauder was the last of their albums that were purely hard, driving, rock - they unsuccessfully introduced synthethizers to their sound through the 1980s, and their popularity waned. Eduardo Rivadavia describes Marauder as "...one of the band's best hard rockers to date", and "the last great Blackfoot album".
The band officially broke up amid declining fortunes in the mid-80's, though Medlocke resumed recording under the name Blackfoot a few years later. He is now, again, a member of Lynyrd Skynyrd.
All songs written and composed by Rick Medlocke and Jakson Spires, except where noted.
- Side one
- "Good Morning" - 3:36
- "Payin' for It" - 3:3
- "Diary of a Workingman" - 5:36
- "Too Hard to Handle" - 4:02
- "Fly Away" - 2:58
- Side two
- "Dry Country" - 3:42
- "Fire of the Dragon" - 4:02
- "Rattlesnake Rock 'n' Roller" (Shorty Medlocke/Rick Medlocke/Spires) - 4:01
- "Searchin'" - 5:43
All credits adapted form album liner notes.
- Rickey Medlocke - lead vocals, guitar
- Charlie Hargrett - guitar
- Greg T. Walker - bass guitar, keyboards, vocals
- Jakson Spires - drums, percussion, vocals
- Henry Weck - percussion
- Shorty Medlocke - banjo intro on track 8
- Magic Rooster, Pat McCaffrey - horns, keyboards
- David Cavender - trumpet
- Donna Davis, Pamela Vincent - backing vocals
- Al Nalli - producer
- Henry Weck - producer, engineer
- Andy de Ganhal - mixing assistant
- Rivadavia, Eduardo. "Blackfoot - Marauder review". AllMusic. All Media Network. Retrieved 2015-11-05.
- Popoff, Martin (1 November 2005). The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal: Volume 2: The Eighties. Burlington, Ontario, Canada: Collector's Guide Publishing. ISBN 978-1-894959-31-5.
- Blackfoot: Greatest Hits (liner notes). Flashback Records. 2003.
- Blackfoot: Marauder album CD liner notes. ATCO Records. 1990. 32107-2.