Marble Slab Creamery
The freshest ice cream on Earth
|Mixed, franchises and branches|
|Founded||1983 Houston, Texas|
|Headquarters||Fulton County, Georgia|
|Products||Ice cream desserts, cakes, pies, shakes, smoothies, frozen yogurt .|
|Parent||Global Franchise Group LLC.|
Marble Slab Creamery is a chain of independently owned and operated franchised stores that specialize in serving ice cream and a variety of other desserts. It is a franchise brand in the portfolio of Global Franchise Group LLC. There are 391 Marble Slab stores throughout the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Pakistan, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Lebanon, Qatar, Scotland, Iraq, England and Trinidad and Tobago. The chain has its headquarters in unincorporated Fulton County, Georgia. As an independent company it had its headquarters in the Westchase area of Houston, Texas. After the NexCen acquisition, initially the brand's headquarters were in unincorporated Gwinnett County, Georgia. In July 2010, NexCen announced the sale of its franchise business to Global Franchise Group, LLC an affiliate of Levine Leichtman Capital Partners.
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Marble Slab, which began as a single unit operation called Cones & Cream, was founded in Houston by chefs Penn and LaPage in 1983. They were inspired by Steve Herrell of Herrell's Ice Cream in Boston, who pioneered the mixin approach to ice cream toppings. In 1986, Marble Slab became the first ice cream treatery to use a frozen granite slab to blend mix-in toppings into the ice cream. Later that year, Marble Slab was bought by Ronnie Hankamer of Texas, who laid the groundwork for the brand's franchising concept.
In the past few years, Marble Slab has expanded beyond its southeastern presence and has become a fast-growing franchise. In 2007 it was ranked in Entrepreneur Magazine's Franchise 500 (#93), Fastest-Growing Franchises (#72), and America's Top Global Franchises (#75).
The Marble Slab Creamery utilizes a frozen granite slab upon which the ice cream and 'mixins' are mixed together. Employees use ice cream scoops and other hand tools to mix desired ingredients into the ice cream at the time of purchase.
Products available for purchase include: ice cream, ice cream cakes and pies, frozen yogurts, smoothies, waffle cones, and brownies.
The company's slogan, "the freshest ice cream on Earth", stems from its homemade approach to its products. Marble Slab Creamery produces a premium ice cream made from real dairy. Every stand-alone location produces its own ice cream in small batches on a daily basis. In addition, the company makes as many products as possible from scratch, including its brownies, cookie dough and cone batter.
- http://www.marbleslab.com/about-us/. Retrieved on 2008-10-19.
- "Contact Us Archived 2010-02-28 at the Wayback Machine.." Marble Slab Creamery. Retrieved on February 26, 2010.
- "Facts at a Glance. Marble Slab Creamery. June 14, 1998. Retrieved on February 24, 2010.
- "Contact Us." Marble Slab Creamery. Retrieved on February 26, 2010.
- Nation's Restaurant News http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3190/is_30_35/ai_76913282/
- Shannon Jackson Arnold (2004). Everybody Loves Ice Cream: The Whole Scoop on America's Favorite. Book'. '. Retrieved on 2008-03-27.
- Franchise Solutions Marble Slab Creamery -The Freshest Ice Cream On EarthTM, Franchise Solution, Retrieved on 2008-03-27
- 2007-08-30. http://www.entrepreneur.com/franchises/marbleslabcreameryinc/282561-3.html. Retrieved on 2008-03-27.
- http://www.franchise.org/Marble_Slab_Creamery_Inc_franchise.aspx. Retrieved 2008-03-27