|24th Canadian Ambassador to the United Nations|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Guillermo Rishchynski|
|Born||November 10, 1965|
Marc-André Blanchard (born November 10, 1965) is a Canadian lawyer and diplomat. On January 16, 2016, he was named as the Permanent Representative of Canada to the United Nations, effective April 1, 2016. On May 3, 2018 he was named as Canada's Representative to the Ismaili Imamat, an announcement coinciding with the Canadian Diamond Jubilee visit of His Highness the Aga Khan.
In 2017, he was named as a member of Canada’s North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Council.
Prior to his appointment, Blanchard was chairman and CEO of McCarthy Tétrault, one of Canada's largest law firms, and a former president of the Quebec Liberal Party. He served on Justin Trudeau's transition team following the 2015 election.
In 2013, Blanchard was named among the 25 most influential lawyers in Canada by Canadian Lawyer Magazine, and Catalyst Canada awarded him the CEO Recognition Award for his leadership in gender diversity.
In 2016, Blanchard was awarded Advocatus Emeritus by the Quebec Bar Association. Blanchard is a graduate of the Université de Montréal, the London School of Economics and Columbia University.
- Apéro montréalais à l'hôtel 10 Chambre de commerce du Montréal métropolitain
- "Trudeau picks close allies as ambassadors to U.S. and UN". The Globe and Mail, January 16, 2016.
- "Diplomatic Appointments". Global Affairs Canada. 2016-01-16. Retrieved 2016-06-28.
- "Diplomatic Appointments". Global Affairs Canada. 2018-05-18. Retrieved 2019-06-12.
- "Canadian Club - Ambassador Marc-Andre Blanchard - Media Events". Media Events. 2017-10-16. Retrieved 2018-05-30.
- "Canada’s Most Powerful Business People 2016: #43 — Marc-André Blanchard". Canadian Business, November 17, 2015.
- "Jean Charest returns to legal practice, joins Bay Street firm". The Globe and Mail, January 10, 2013.
- "Government of Canada appoints H.E. Marc-André Blanchard, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Canada to the UN, as Canada's Representative to the Ismaili Imamat". Ismailimail. 2018-05-04. Retrieved 2018-05-30.
- "Advocatus Emeritus 2017 - Le Barreau du Québec annonce les récipiendaires de la distinction Avocat émérite". www.newswire.ca (in French). Retrieved 2018-05-30.
|This Canadian biographical article relating to law is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|