Marc Bell (entrepreneur)
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2015)|
|Born||Brooklyn, New York, US|
|Residence||Boca Raton, Florida, US|
|Alma mater||Babson College, New York University|
Marc Bell Capital Partners
Founder and CEO,
|Board member of||Armour Residential REIT, Javelin Mortgage Investment Corp.|
Marc Bell is the managing partner of Marc Bell Capital, a Boca Raton-based firm founded in 2003. He also produces plays, musicals and movies.
Marc first graduated Scarsdale High School in the Class of 1985. He later on earned his Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from Babson College and a Master of Science degree in real estate development and investment from New York University.
Bell founded the web hosting company that eventually became Globix Corporation in 1989 at the age of 21 and served as its CEO and chairman of the board through the company's IPO in 1996 and into the dot-com bubble; as the company crashed along with the stock market in 2001, Bell was replaced as CEO. Its market capitalization had fallen from almost $1 billion in 1999 to $5.87 million in 2002 when it went through Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
From 1998 to 2000, Bell was on the board of directors at EDGAR Online, an online provider of public company filings.
In 2003, he founded Marc Bell Capital based in Boca Raton, Florida and served as the company’s managing partner. Marc Bell Capital holds investments in real estate, internet, publishing and entertainment ventures. Through Bell Capital, Bell is an investor and partner in restaurants and nightclubs in New York City in ventures such as Artichoke Pizza and Lavo.
Bell has produced musicals and plays such as Jersey Boys, Rock of Ages, The Wedding Singer, August: Osage County, and A Catered Affair. His production Jersey Boys won a Tony Award for Best Musical in 2006 and August: Osage County won Best Play in 2008.
In November 2009, Bell co-founded ARMOUR Residential REIT, and served as director, chairman of the board of directors and treasurer. The company is publicly traded and invests in residential mortgage backed securities.
In October 2011, Bell co-founded Javelin Mortgage Investment Corp, a publicly traded company that invests in residential mortgage backed securities. He currently sits on the Board of Directors.
- Brett Pulley (July 22, 2010). "FriendFinder's CEO Wants Playboy". Bloomberg Business. Retrieved February 24, 2015.
- "ARMOUR Residential REIT Inc (ARR)". Reuters. Retrieved February 24, 2015.
- "Know Your NYU Trustees: Marc Bell, Whose Company Owns AdultFriendFinder". NYULocal. February 23, 2012. Retrieved February 24, 2015.
- Staff, New York Times. January 22, 1996 Equity and Convertible Offerings for This Week
- Staff, The Wall Street Transcript. September 2, 2002 CEO Interview: Peter Stevenson
- Staff, New York Times. January 15, 2002 Technology Briefing | Internet: Globix Plans To Seek Protection
- Erin Carlyle (May 14, 2014). "Former Penthouse Exec Marc Bell's Star Trek Mansion Hits The Market For $35 Million". forbes. Retrieved February 11, 2015.
- "Marc Bell". IMDB. Retrieved February 24, 2015.
- "Marc Bell". IBDB. Retrieved February 24, 2015.