This article is an autobiography or has been extensively edited by the subject or by someone connected to the subject. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||1965 (age 53–54)|
|Alma mater||Leiden University|
Marc Boumeester (born 1965) is the director of AKI Academy of Art and Design, part of Artez Institute of the Arts. He holds a doctoral degree from Leiden University, Centre for the Arts in Society.
Boumeester has worked as head of production for a range of television and film production companies. He has also been involved in the development of several new educational programmes for both bachelor's and master's degree courses.
In 2003 he co-coordinated an experimental research studio called ‘Camera Eye’ at the faculty of architecture at Delft University of Technology. This led to his appointment as a researcher/lecturer at the Delft School of Design.
In 2006, he expanded his teaching career to AKI Academy of Art and Design, and a year later he became involved in the foundation of the Interactive/ Media/ Design department at the Royal Academy of Art, The Hague. He led this department until 2015. At the Fontys School of Fine and Performing Arts, Boumeester was involved in the foundation of the Academy for Art, Communication and Design.
In June 2017, Boumeester was involved in a drug abuse scandal when he was caught using drugs with students. This led to his suspension as the director of the AKI Academy of Art & Design. The suspension lasted until November of that same year, when he returned to his position.
Boumeester has lectured and conducted workshops in various universities and art schools internationally. He has been involved in several research projects, such as the research group ‘What Images Do!’, in collaboration with the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Arts, Kunstakademie Düsseldorf and The National Center of Competence in Research ‘Eikones – Iconic Criticism’ in Basel. He has previously been published in academic books and journals in the fields of media philosophy and art theory.
- (2018) The Desire of the Medium, Arnhem: ArtEZ Press.
- (2018) Unframing Urban Density: The Somaesthetic Cartography of Intensities. Article in the book Rethinking Density, Vienna: Steinberg Press
- (2017) Eight avatars of time; An affective-temporal taxonomy of the epistemology of time beyond chronology. Peer reviewed article in Parse, Gothenburg: University of Gothenburg Press.
- (2016) The Impredicative City :or What Can a Boston Square Do? Article in the book Deleuze and the City, Edinburgh: University of Edinburgh Press.
- (2016) The desire of the medium. Ph.D. Leiden University
- (2015) De e(s)thisch-politieke verantwoordelijkheid van de provocateur. Article in De Mythe van de Hedendaagsheid, Cahier book series. Brussels: Acco Uitgeverij.
- (2015) ‘Camera Eye’: Cinematic Studio Research into Architectural Practice in peer reviewed journal Architecture and Culture Vol. 3, Issue no.1 'Architecture Film', Bloomsbury Press.
- (2014) De gespecialiseerde generalist; Kunst en Design en het Osmotisch Oxymoron. Article in Cahier, volume 6. Tilburg: Fontys Press.
- (2014) The Bodyless Shadow; towards a Meta-medial framework. Article in Drawing-On, peer reviewed Academic Journal of the University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
- (2014) Medium Affect Desire: Hybridising Real Virtual and the Actualised through Affective Medium Ecology. In Footprint peer reviewed Architectural Journal, Delft University of Technology.
- (2012) The Asignifying Affordance of Assemblage: Enactive Embodied Embedded and Extended Urban Cartography .(pp. 13–23) in Architectural Journal nr.8, 2012 Beijing :The Architectural Society of China, PR China.
- (2011) Three Arms of Wisdom. In A Bal-Sanders, G.J.B. Bruyns & J. Schaap (Eds.), Liber Gratulatoria Arie Graafland (pp. 146–149). Delft: Delft School of Design.
- (2011) Reconsidering Cinematic Mapping: Halfway Between Collected Subjectivity and Projective Mapping. In F Penz & A Lu (Eds.), Urban Cinematics; understanding urban phenomena through the moving image (pp. 239–256). Bristol: Intellect, The Mill, United Kingdom.
- (2009) Cinematic mapping reviewed; transitioning to "collected subjectivism' by transferring media typologies. In Francois Penz & Andon Lu (Eds.), Urban Cinematics (pp. 90–99), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- "Marc Boumeester appointed Director at AKI ArtEZ". Artez Institute of the Arts. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- "Centre for the Arts in Society". Leiden University. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- Boumeester, Marc (1 March 2015). ""Camera Eye": Cinematic Studio Research into Architectural Practice". Architecture and Culture. 3: 87–104. doi:10.2752/205078215X14236574273709.
- "Former Staff". TU Delft. Retrieved 24 February 2017.
- Penz, François; Lu, Andong (2011). Urban Cinematics: Understanding Urban Phenomena Through the Moving Image. Intellect Books. ISBN 9781841504285.
- "Art and Communication Design ArtCoDe". Fontys. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "AKI-directeur weer aan het werk". Tubantia. Retrieved 2017-01-29.
- "ArtEZ onderzoekt mogelijk wangedrag directeur". Nationale Onderwijsgids. Retrieved 2018-10-27.
- Frichot, Hélène; Gabrielsson, Catharina; Metzger, Jonathan (2016). Deleuze and the City - Edinburgh University Press. www.euppublishing.com. ISBN 9781474407588. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- Cahier Online. Marc Boumeester – De verantwoordelijkheid van de provocateur. CAHIER VOOR KUNST EN KUNSTONDERWIJS. ISBN 9789462922488. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- Boumeester, Marc (2015-03-01). ""Camera Eye": Cinematic Studio Research into Architectural Practice". Architecture and Culture. 3 (1): 87–104. doi:10.2752/205078215X14236574273709. ISSN 2050-7828.
- Cahier 6 De gespecialiseerde generalist – CAHIER VOOR KUNST EN KUNSTONDERWIJS. cahieronline.wordpress.com. ISBN 9789079941087. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "The Bodiless Shadow" (PDF). Drawing On. University of Edinburgh. ISSN 2059-9978. Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Medium Affect Desire: Hybridising Real Virtual and the Actualised through Affective Medium Ecology". journals.library.tudelft.nl. ISSN 1875-1504. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "The Asignifying Affordance of Assemblage:Enactive Embodied Embedded and Extended Urban Cartography". caod.oriprobe.com. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- Penz, François; Lu, Andong (2011). Urban Cinematics. University of Chicago Press. ISBN 9781841504285. Retrieved 2016-04-09.