Marc Davis (athlete)
|Born||December 17, 1969 (age 47)
Oceanside, California, U.S.
Marc Davis (born December 17, 1969 in Oceanside, California) is a retired American track and field athlete, who mainly competed in distance races like the men's 3000 metres steeplechase and 5000 metres. His personal bests are 13:32.58 in the 5000 m set in 1989 and 8:14.26 in the steeplechase set in 1993.
Davis first gained fame while running for San Diego High School (the same alma mater as American distance star Meb Keflezighi), winning the Foot Locker Cross Country Championships, the equivalent of national championships, on his home course before a national TV audience.
|Representing the United States|
|1986||World Junior Championships||Athens, Greece||24th||20 km road run||1:29:13|
|1993||World Championships||Stuttgart, Germany||11th||3000 m steeple||8:28.74|
|1994||Goodwill Games||St. Petersburg, Russia||1st||3000 m steeple||8:14.30|
|1996||Olympic Games||Atlanta, Georgia||12th||3000 m steeple||9:51.96|
|1998||Goodwill Games||New York City, USA||6th||5000 m||13:50.84|
- "Foot Locker Cross Country Championships National Finals". footlockercc.com.
- "1992 NCCA Men's and Women's Outdoor Track & Field Championships" (PDF). usctrackandfield.com. 1992.
- "Athlete profile for Marc Davis". IAAF.
- "USA Outdoor Track & Field Champions - Men's 5,000 m". USA Track & Field. Archived from the original on 2008-10-04.
- "USA 5 km Champions - Men". USA Track & Field.
- Marc Davis @ the 1996 Olympics. YouTube. September 20, 2007.
|This biographical article about an American middle distance runner is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|