||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Guggenheim at the 2017 WonderCon.
September 24, 1970 |
Long Island, New York, United States
|Occupation||Television producer and comic book writer|
Legends of Tomorrow
Marc Guggenheim (born September 24, 1970) is an American screenwriter, television producer, comic book writer, and novelist. He is best known as the creator of the television series Eli Stone (2008–2009), Arrow (2012–present), and Legends of Tomorrow (2016–present), as well as the writer of the feature films Green Lantern (2011), and Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (2013).
Marc Guggenheim was born and raised on Long Island, New York. He attended the University at Albany, State University of New York. His brother is screenwriter Eric Guggenheim.
After a romantic comedy script led to a few meetings with producers, he moved to California to pursue a career as a screenwriter. A script for The Practice was his first produced work. He eventually served as a producer for Law & Order, Jack and Bobby, CSI: Miami, and In Justice.
With Greg Berlanti, Guggenheim is the co-creator of the ABC show Eli Stone. He later became executive producer of ABC's No Ordinary Family. Guggenheim, together with Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, adapted the Green Arrow comics into the television series Arrow, where Guggenheim serves as co-showrunner.
He served as an intern at Marvel for a time in 1990 for editor Terry Kavanagh, and was the colorist for an eight-page Iceman/Human Torch story while there. His writing experiences also include the comic books Aquaman for DC Comics, Wolverine and The Punisher for Marvel, and scripts for the Rare Game Perfect Dark Zero. He wrote Blade for 12 issues with artist Howard Chaykin.
In 2007, Guggenheim became one of the rotating team of writers on The Amazing Spider-Man. His first story appeared in Amazing Spider-Man #549. He also launched a creator-owned comic, Resurrection, for Oni Press.
He wrote the comic book Young X-Men for Marvel which was launched in April 2008, and in 2008 was working on a comic with Hugh Jackman and Virgin Comics, Nowhere Man, and on Super Zombies for Dynamite Entertainment and Stephen King.
|2001||The Practice||Yes||Writer (1 episode), staff writer|
|2003||Dragnet||Yes||Writer (1 episode)|
|2001–2004||Law & Order||Yes||Yes||Writer (8 episodes), executive story editor; co-producer, producer|
|2004–2005||Jack & Bobby||Yes||Yes||Writer (4 episodes); supervising producer|
|2005||CSI: Miami||Yes||Yes||Writer (3 episodes); supervising producer|
|2006||In Justice||Yes||Yes||Writer (1 episode); supervising producer|
|2006–2007||Brothers & Sisters||Yes||Yes||Writer (2 episodes); consulting producer|
|2008–2009||Eli Stone||Yes||Yes||Co-creator; writer (5 episodes)|
|2009–2010||Flashforward||Yes||Yes||Writer (4 episodes)|
|2010–2011||No Ordinary Family||Yes||Yes||Writer (3 episodes); consulting producer|
|2012–present||Arrow||Yes||Yes||Co-developer; writer (27 episodes)|
|2015–present||Vixen||Yes||Yes||Writer (1 episode)|
|2016–present||Legends of Tomorrow||Yes||Yes||Co-developer; writer (8 episodes)|
|2016||Trollhunters||Yes||Yes||Executive Producer; writer|
|2011||Green Lantern||Screen story by, screenplay by||With Greg Berlanti & Michael Green and Michael Goldberg|
|2013||Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters||Screenplay by||Based on the novel by Rick Riordan|
|2005||Perfect Dark Zero||Writer||With Dale Murchie|
|2006||Call of Duty 3||Writer||With Richard Farrelly and Adam Gascoine|
|2009||Join the Mosaic||Writer|
|2009||X-Men Origins: Wolverine||Writer||Based on the film directed by Gavin Hood|
|2010||Singularity||Written by||With Lindsey Allen and Emily Silver|
- Overwatch (2014)
- X-Men vol 4 #18–22 (with Harvey Tolibao, August–December 2014)
- Volume 4: Exogenous (tpb, 112 pages, 2015)
- Squadron Sinister #1–4 (4-issue limited series, June–November 2015)
- Squadron Sinister (tpb, 141 pages, 2015) collects:
- "No Honor Among Thieves" (with Carlos Pacheco, in #1, 2015)
- "The War To End All Warriors" (with Carlos Pacheco, in #2, 2015)
- "New Universal Destruction" (with Carlos Pacheco, in #3, 2015)
- "The Night Falls" (with Carlos Pacheco, in #4, 2015)
- Squadron Sinister (tpb, 141 pages, 2015) collects:
- X-Tinction Agenda #1–4 (4-issue limited series, with Carmine Di Giandomenico, June–September 2015, collected in X-Tinction Agenda: Warzones!, tpb, 112 pages, 2016)
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D #1–... (with Germán Peralta, January 2016–ongoing)
- X-Men: Gold #1-... (April 2017-ongoing)
- Stringers #1–5 (5-issue limited series, with Justin Greenwood, August–December 2015, collected in Stringers Volume 1, tpb, 141 pages, 2016)
- The Infinite Adventures of Jonas Quantum#1–6 (with Freddie E. Williams III, September 2015–February 2016)
- Profile, www.evri.com
- Brady, Matt (November 13, 2006). "Guggenheim Starts as New Flash Writer in February". Newsarama.
- Jackman, Guggenheim go 'Nowhere', Variety
- Guggenheim & Gonzales on Bringing 'Super Zombies' to Life, Newsarama, November 5, 2008
- Issue 1 of Stephen King's N. Hits Comic Stores Today!
- Segura, Alex (December 10, 2009). "DCU in 2010: Marc Guggenheim Steps in as Writer on Action Comics". The Source. DC Comics.com. Retrieved April 12, 2010.
- Segura, Alex (April 12, 2010). "Paul Cornell Steps in as New Action Comics Writer". The Source. DC Comics.com. Retrieved April 12, 2010.
- http://www.thefutoncritic.com/interviews/2008/01/31/interview-eli-stone-co-creator-marc-guggenheim-26583/20080131_elistone/ "Interview: "Eli Stone" Co-Creator Marc Guggenheim."] Sullivan, Brian Ford. www.thefutoncritic.com. Published January 31, 2008. Accessed May 5, 2017.
- Andreeva, Nellie (June 15, 2016). "'Trollhunters': Anton Yelchin, Kelsey Grammer & Ron Perlman To Lead Cast Of Guillermo del Toro Netflix Animated Series". Deadline. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- Marc Guggenheim at the Internet Movie Database
- Marc Guggenheim at the Grand Comics Database
- THE PULSE talks to Guggenheim about his work on DC's FLASH comic book series!
- THE PULSE: Marc Guggenheim on working with Marvel's BLADE comic book series
- THE PULSE talks to Guggenheim about the Hyperion vs. Nighthawk Marvel comic book series
- THE PULSE: Marc Guggenheim at SDCC '06 on Marvel's Civil War
- THE PULSE: Guggenheim puts The Punisher on Trial in THE PEOPLE Vs. Frank Castle
- Marc Guggenheim discusses his musical tastes on Marvel.com
- Youth Served: Guggenheim Talks "Young X-Men", Comic Book Resources