|Birth name||Marc Hollander|
|Instruments||Keyboards, clarinet, saxophone, percussion|
|Associated acts||Aksak Maboul, Art Bears, The Honeymoon Killers|
Hollander was a founding member of the Belgian avant-rock group Aksak Maboul in 1977, which released two albums, Onze Danses Pour Combattre la Migraine (1977) and Un Peu de l'Âme des Bandits (1980). He joined Art Bears for their European tour in 1979, and was a member of The Honeymoon Killers and Cos. Hollander has also collaborated with a number of musicians, including Fred Frith and Chris Cutler.
In 1980 Hollander founded Crammed Discs, which he still actively runs, while acting as the label's artistic director. With Crammed, he has discovered, launched and/or developed the careers of artists such as Bebel Gilberto, Zap Mama, Konono Nº1, Kasai Allstars, Cibelle, Taraf de Haïdouks, Tuxedomoon, Bel Canto, Minimal Compact, Hector Zazou, Sussan Deyhim, Snooze/Dominique Dalcan, DJ Morpheus, Suba, Zuco 103, Celso Fonseca, Kočani Orkestar, Mahala Rai Banda, Balkan Beat Box, Shantel, Lonely Drifter Karen, Staff Benda Bilili, Maïa Vidal, SKIP&DIE, Yasmine Hamdan, Juana Molina, Acid Arab and many more.
In 2014, Crammed Discs released an album entitled Ex-Futur Album, by Véronique Vincent & Aksak Maboul. It is the unfinished album which was written and recorded by Hollander and Honeymoon Killers vocalist Vincent between 1980 and 1983. It was shelved for over 30 years, and assembled/revamped by Hollander in 2014. Following the positive reception of Ex-Futur Album, Marc Hollander and Véronique Vincent formed a new live line-up of Aksak Maboul in 2015, and performed over thirty concerts to date in Belgium, France, Germany, the UK, Switzerland and the Netherlands.
- Aksak Maboul: Onze Danses Pour Combattre la Migraine (1977, LP, Kamikaze Records,re-issued on Crammed Discs, Belgium)
- Aksak Maboul: Un Peu de l'Âme des Bandits (1980, LP, Crammed Discs, Belgium)
- The Honeymoon Killers: Les Tueurs De La Lune De Miel (1982, LP, Crammed Discs, Belgium)
- Aksak Maboul: Un Chien mérite un mort de chien (1983, in Made To Measure Vol.1, Crammed Discs, Belgium)
- Véronique Vincent & Aksak Maboul: Ex-Futur Album (2014, Crammed Discs, Belgium)
- Véronique Vincent & Aksak Maboul: 16 Visions of Ex-Futur (2016, Crammed Discs, Belgium)
- Contributions to various albums as a musician and/or producer: see http://www.crammed.be/index.php?id=34&art_id=85
- Brigitte Tast, Hans-Jürgen Tast: be bop - Die Wilhelmshöhe rockt. Disco und Konzerte in der Hölle Verlag Gebrüder Gerstenberg GmbH & Co. KG, Hildesheim, ISBN 978-3-8067-8589-0.
- Romantic Warriors II: A Progressive Music Saga About Rock in Opposition
- Romantic Warriors II: Special Features DVD
- "Véronique Vincent & Aksak Maboul: Ex-Futur Album". Crammed Discs. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- Marc Hollander at AllMusic
- Marc Hollander. Jazz Discogs.
- Aksak Maboul / Marc Hollander. Chris Cutler homepage.
- Marc Hollander discography on the Crammed Discs website
- (in French) Marc Hollander interview. Dirty Digital Culture.
- Marc Hollander's acceptance speech at the Womex Award ceremony, 2004
- My Life's Playlist: Marc Hollander - [PIAS]'s Blog, 23 March 2015
|This article about a Belgian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a keyboardist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a record producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|