Marc Holtzman is chairman of Kazkommertsbank in Kazakhstan. Previously, Holtzman was Chairman of Meridian Capital HK, a private equity firm with investments in natural resources, real estate, food, agriculture and transportation. He currently resides in Hong Kong.
Early career and education
Holtzman holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from Lehigh University. Holtzman served as Executive Director of Citizens for America, former President Ronald Reagan’s national issues advocacy group. In the 1980 Presidential campaign, Reagan appointed Holtzman Executive Director of his Pennsylvania campaign, the youngest person to ever run a statewide campaign in a US presidential election.
Holtzman was Vice Chairman of Barclays Capital and Vice Chairman ABN Amro Bank. Holtzman was co-founder and President of MeesPierson EurAmerica (a firm which was acquired by ABN Amro) and was a senior adviser to Salomon Brothers, where he lived and worked in Eastern Europe and Russia from September 1989 until October 1998.
Holtzman was appointed in January 2007 by Kazakhstan's then Prime Minister Karim Massimov to serve on the Board of Directors of Kazyna, the nation's sovereign wealth fund from 2006 to 2008.
Holtzman served as a member of the Board of Trustees of the United States Space Foundation from 2004 to 2010.
Holtzman and his wife Kristen reside in Hong Kong with their two daughters and son.
- "Changes to Board of Directors". 19 January 2015.
- "Marc Holtzman appointed by President Reagan to Peace Corps National Advisory Council" (PDF). 22 Dec 1988. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-09-20.
- "How Reagan Influenced the Future Gubernatorial Candidate (starting at 44 seconds)". 16 April 2008.
- "Barclays Capital Appoints Senior Team to Lead Investment Bank". 13 May 2008.
- "Financial Times, Banks Poach Talent From Rivals". 27 May 2008.
- "Senior Advisor Leaves Barclays". 18 Sep 2013.
- "Denver Business Journal, DU names Holtzman president". Denver Business Journal. May 1, 2003.
- "Gov Owens Praises Holtzman at CO Tech Summit". 19 July 2002.
- "CO's Secretary of Technology Urges Students to Pursue Space Industry and High Tech careers". 7 Dec 2001.
- "Bank of Kigali Board of Director". 2012.
- "CNN Money, TeleTech Appoints New Board of Director". 16 July 2014. Archived from the original on 29 July 2014.
- "TeleTech Appoints Marc Holtzman Board of Director". 16 July 2014.
- "Marc Holtzman Joins FTI Board of Directors". 2012. Archived from the original on 2014-08-08.
- "Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Help Fund High Tech Charter Schools". 25 April 2001.