|Also known as||Marc Jay, Marc J|
|Born||Los Angeles, California|
|Genres||Pop, Rock, Alternative, Electro, Drum and bass, Industrial rock, Coldwave, Trip hop|
|Instruments||Producer, Programming, Remixer, Drums, Keyboards, Vocals, Engineer|
|Associated acts||Diatribe, Kikiwest|
Marc Jameson is a producer, producer, programmer, writer, and remixer. His credits include Christina Aguilera, Madonna, Kelly Osbourne, Matt & Kim, Static-X, Bon Jovi, and more. He began his career as an artist, in bands such as Diatribe and Kikiwest.
Discography of Work
- Christina Aguilera-Keeps Gettin' Better: A Decade of Hits
- Static-X-Cult of Static
- Boh Runga-Names in the Sand
- Christina Aguilera-Back to Basics
- Christina Aguilera-Da Da Da, Pepsi
- Sierra Swan-Ladyland
- Kelly Osbourne-Secret Lover
- Madonna-American Life (Felix Da Housecat's Devin Dazzle Club Mix)
- Bon Jovi-Bounce
- Lizzie West-Holy Road: Freedom Songs
- Lizzie West-Lizzie West EP
- Felix da Housecat-Rocket Ride
- Shannon Curfman-Fast Lane Addiction
- Mighty Six Ninety-Cheers To The Bitter End
- Mighty Six Ninety-Cheers To The Bitter End [Bonus Tracks]
- Le Reve de la Mere-Original Score
- Secretary-'Chariots Rise',Lizzie West.
- Strange Days-Therapy, Diatribe (band)Diatribe.
- Saving Emily-'Twilight',Jayspex.
- Miss Match-'Feel Better', Kikiwest.
- MTV Road Rules-Creeper, Kikiwest
- Battle of the Sexes-Creeper, Kikiwest.
Marc Jameson and Jacqueline Gallier formed Kikiwest in the late 90's. A trip hop duo influenced by bands lile Portishead, Kikiwest found initial success by sending out four demos to four different record companies and receiving offers from every one of them. Jameson and Gallier chose to sign with London/FFRR, and although the future looked bright for Kikiwest, the relationship fell apart before an album was released. Kikiwest has only had one official major release: "Creep" on She - A Female Trip-Hop Experience (2001) compilation. They continue to release independent recording of their official MySpace website.
- Kikiwest-She: A Female Triphop Experience
- Kikiwest-Chilled Sirens
- Kikiwest-Definitive Chilled
Marc Jameson, Kevin Marburg, Pat Toves, Vince Montalbano, and Phil Biagini formed Diatribe in 1991 in San Jose, California. Their sound shows influence by fellow Industrial rock and Coldwave bands such as Skinny Puppy, 16Volt, and Chemlab. Grinding guitars, mechanical rhythums, vocal samples, and haunting lyrics mixed with near pop hooks made Diatribe's sound not only unorthodox for the Industrial genre at the time, but also quite accessible as well. After releasing a demo, three singles, one full-length self-titled album, and a myriad of compilation tracks and remixes, [Diatribe (band)|Diatribe] broke up sometime after 1996. Jameson's wide-ranging Diatribe album credits include Drums, Keyboards, Vocals, Producer, and Engineer.
- Diatribe-Therapy (EP) (1991, COP International)
- Diatribe-Nothing (EP) (1992, Re-Constriction)
- Diatribe-Ultracide/Junkyard (1996, Re-Constriction)
- Diatribe-Diatribe (album) (1996, Re-Constriction)
Also see Diatribe (band) for discography, including compilation appearances.
- Fabryka Industrial Rock webzine 2007 interview