February 5, 1982 |
St. Albert, Alberta
|Curling club||Saville Community SC,
|Brier appearances||8 (2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017)|
|3 (2008, 2009, 2016)|
|Top CTRS ranking||1st (2006–07, 2007–08, 2009-10, 2010-11, 2015-16)|
|Grand Slam victories||11: The National (Mar 2007, Dec. 2010);
Players (2004, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2014); Canadian Open (Jan 2007, Dec 2007, 2010); Tour Challenge (2015)
Kennedy was born in St. Albert, Alberta. He is a Canadian Winter Games champion and three-time provincial junior champion. He won his first provincial men's championship with Kevin Martin in 2007. As a junior, he played second for Carter Rycroft at the 1998 Canadian Junior Curling Championships and played third for Jeff Erickson at the 1999 and 2001 Canadian Juniors.
In 2006, both Morris and Kennedy joined 2-time Brier champion Kevin Martin on his new team.
In 2008, Kennedy won the Brier and the World Championships as a member of the team. They repeated their Brier win in 2009 going undefeated for a second straight year and setting a record for consecutive Brier games won (26) previously held by the Ferbey foursome.
After a win at the Alberta provincials, Kennedy headed with Team Martin to the 2011 Tim Hortons Brier. They went through the round robin with a 9-2 win-loss record, and lost the page 3 vs. 4 playoff game to Ontario and the bronze medal game to Newfoundland/Labrador. Kennedy left the Brier prior to the bronze medal game because he and his wife were expecting a new child.
In 2013, Kennedy and Team Martin won the Alberta provincials with a close win over Kevin Koe, to earn a berth in the 2013 Tim Hortons Brier in their hometown Edmonton. On the first day, Kennedy won the Ford Hot Shots skills and shot-making competition that precedes the start of round-robin play. In December 2015, Kennedy, along with his teammates, claimed the first berth in the upcoming Tim Horton Roar of the Rings with their Canada Cup victory in Grande Prairie, AB.
Kennedy is married to his wife Nicole Kennedy (née MacDonald), and they have two daughters.
Kennedy has a marketing degree from the University of Alberta. He was a franchise owner for M&M Meat Shops until he sold his business in 2012 to focus more on curling. He currently works as an RBC Olympic Ambassador. Kennedy is a Hec Gervais Scholarship winner, as well as a Can Fund recipient He is also currently an MBA Student at the University of Alberta.
- Canadian Curling Championship First Team All Star(Second) 2007
- Canadian Curling Championship First Team All Star(Second) 2008
- World Curling Tour MVP 2008
- Canadian Curling Championship First Team All Star(Second) 2009
- Canadian Curling Championship First Team All Star(Second) 2011
- Canadian Curling Championship Second Team All Star(Second) 2013
- Canadian Curling Championship Second Team All Star(Second) 2015
- Canada Games Athletes search
- O'Leary, Chris (March 2, 2013). "Marc Kennedy wins Ford Hot Shots skills competition". The Edmonton Journal. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- "Martin crew second Marc Kennedy has compiled All-Star career at Brier". Edmonton Sun. 25 February 2013. Retrieved 28 February 2013.