|Marc L. Nerlove|
October 12, 1933|
|Institution||University of Maryland|
|Field||Agricultural economics, econometrics|
Johns Hopkins University (Ph.D., M.A.)|
University of Chicago (B.A.)
Francis X. Diebold|
|Awards||John Bates Clark Medal (1969)|
|Information at IDEAS / RePEc|
Marc Leon Nerlove (born October 12, 1933) is an American economist specialized in agricultural economics and econometrics. He is currently Professor of Agricultural and Resource Economics at the University of Maryland. In 1964 he was elected as a Fellow of the American Statistical Association. In 1969 he was awarded the John Bates Clark Medal for his contributions to economics. In 2012, he was elected Distinguished Fellow of the American Economic Association.
Nerlove's father, Samuel Henry Nerlove, was the son of Russian immigrants from Vitebsk. Marc Nerlove earned a B.A. with honors in mathematics in 1952 from the University of Chicago. He moved for graduate work to the Johns Hopkins University, earning in 1955 his M.A. and in 1956 his Ph.D. in Economics, with a dissertation on farmers' response to prices. He held teaching positions at the University of Minnesota (1959–60), Stanford University (1960–65), Yale University (1965–69), the University of Chicago (1969–74), Northwestern University (1974–82) and the University of Pennsylvania (1982–93). Since 1993 he is part of the faculty of the University of Maryland.
- Balestra, Pietro; ——— (1966). "Pooling Cross Section and Time Series Data in the Estimation of a Dynamic Model: The Demand for Natural Gas". Econometrica. 34 (3): 585–612. JSTOR 1909771.
- Nerlove, Marc (1971). "Further evidence on the estimation of dynamic economic relations from a time–series of cross–sections". Econometrica. 39 (2): 359–382. JSTOR 1913350.
- View/Search Fellows of the ASA, accessed 2016-07-23.
- "The ET Interview". Econometric Theory. 9 (1): 117–143. 1993. doi:10.1017/S0266466600007386.
- Qin, Duo (1993). The Formation of Econometrics: A Historical Perspective. New York: Oxford University Press. pp. 163–164. ISBN 0-19-828388-1.
- Dupont-Kieffer, Ariane; Pirotte, Alain (2011). "The Early Years of Panel Data Econometrics". History of Political Economy. 43 (Suppl 1): 258–282. doi:10.1215/00182702-1158754.
|This biography of an American economist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|