Marc S. Ellenbogen
|Marc S. Ellenbogen|
Marc S. Ellenbogen with Bill Clinton
6 February 1963 |
|Education||Syracuse (Maxwell School), Oxford (Magdalen College)|
Ellenbogen has spent nearly two decades seeking justice against former Communist officials and members of the Communist-era secret police. He is known for his efforts to fight against corruption in Central and Eastern Europe. A respected Ambassador once described Ellenbogen as "something akin to an anti-Communist Bounty Hunter."
He is a Member of the Board of Directors or the CERGE-EI Foundation (New York, USA), a Senior Associate at the Moynihan Institute of Global Affairs, Maxwell School (Syracuse, USA), and an Associate Fellow and Professor at the International Institute for Advanced Studies in Systems Research and Cybernetics (Windsor, Canada).
He is a Member of the Board of the American Friends of the Czech Republic (AFoCR), founded to bring the Czech Republic into NATO, and serves as Adviser to, and Honorary Member of, the Oxford University European Affairs Society. He is a Patron of the right-of-center Henry Jackson Society and member of the German Foreign Press Association (Verein der Ausländischen Presse in Deutschland).
As a student, Ellenbogen served as student government comptroller and speaker, as student representative on the Board of Trustees, and as president of Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity.
He was an internationally syndicated columnist for United Press International (2004-2010); some 300 hard-hitting columns appeared in publications such as The Washington Times, The Globe and Mail, The Financial Times and German newspaper Die Welt. As a Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal for Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, (Malibu, USA), Mr. Ellenbogen collaborated on many publications and articles.
- "Marc S. Ellenbogen". CERGE-EI Foundation. Retrieved 2017-01-10.
- "AFoCR Directors Attend Dinner at Mlýnec Restaurant, Prague, October 6, 2015 to Celebrate AFoCR's 20th Anniversary | American Friends of the Czech Republic". www.afocr.org. Retrieved 2017-01-13.
- "History | American Friends of the Czech Republic". www.afocr.org. Retrieved 2017-01-13.
- "Global Panel Foundation | Meeting the World in Person". globalpanel.org. Retrieved 2017-01-13.
- "Henry Jackson Society | International Patrons". henryjacksonsociety.org. Retrieved 2017-01-13.
- "VAP - Verein der ausländischen Presse in Deutschland | Mitgliederliste". www.vap-deutschland.org. Retrieved 2017-01-13.
- "Syracuse University Magazine Summer 2004". archive.is. 2012-12-11. Archived from the original on 2012-12-11. Retrieved 2017-01-10.
- "Marc S. Ellenbogen News | Quotes - UPI.com". UPI. Retrieved 2017-01-10.
- "Editorial Board | The Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance | Graziadio School of Business and Management | Pepperdine University". digitalcommons.pepperdine.edu. Retrieved 2017-01-13.
- "Henry Jackson Society | International Patrons". henryjacksonsociety.org. Retrieved 2017-01-10.
- http://m3web.bg, M3 Web -. "Tough Negotiator Ellenbogen to Become US Ambassador to Bulgaria - Novinite.com - Sofia News Agency". Retrieved 2017-01-10.
- Hanno R. Ellenbogen Citizenship Award
|This American diplomat-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|