Marc Stevens (actor)
|Born||September 2, 1943|
|Died||January 28, 1989(aged 45)|
|Cause of death||AIDS|
|Other names||Mr. 10-1/2|
|Height||6 ft (183 cm)|
|Spouse(s)||Jill Monroe (?-1979)|
Stevens was a pioneering sex industry figure during the 1970s, in New York City. He appeared in over 80 pornographic movies; he also led an erotic dance troupe called Le Clique and performed in live sex shows. He was bisexual, and while he predominantly appeared in heterosexual films and porn loops, he made a number of gay films as well. He was a close associate of leading sex industry figures such as Jason and Tina Russell, Annie Sprinkle, who was also his neighbor for a time, Sharon Mitchell, Jamie Gillis, Georgina Spelvin, and Gloria Leonard. Tall and lean with a well-defined musculature, he had the nickname "10½" because of the supposed size of his circumcised penis. He was famously photographed by Robert Mapplethorpe.
Notable films featuring Marc Stevens include:
- The Devil in Miss Jones
- All about Gloria Leonard
- Michael, Angelo and David
Despite his prominence in the 1970s and the fact he produced two memoirs (long out of print and allegedly ghost-written by his mother), entitled 10½! and Making It Big, Stevens has attracted relatively little attention since.
- "Marc Stevens at iafd.com". Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- Walentis, Al (1976-06-18). "Porn Field Leader: He Promotes Himself". Reading Eagle. Retrieved 6 December 2015.
- "Marc Stevens: 'Mr. 10 ½' – The Wild Life and Tragic Fall of the New York Porno Party King – Part 1". therialtoreport.com. Retrieved February 19, 2017.
- NYC Sex: How New York Transformed Sex in America. Scala Publishers. 2002. p. 205. ISBN 1857592778.
- Skinflicks: The Inside Story of the X-Rated Video Industry - David Jennings - Google Boeken. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2013-09-25.
- "XRCO Announces 2008 Award Winners". Archived from the original on 2008-05-02. Retrieved 2008-05-01.
- "Meet the 2019 AVN Hall of Fame Inductees". Adult Video News. Retrieved 21 March 2019.
- Skinflicks: The Inside Story of the X-Rated Video Industry - David Jennings - Google Boeken. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2013-12-03.
- Sullivan, Rebecca (2014). Bonnie Sherr Klein's 'Not a Love Story'. University of Toronto Press, Scholarly Publishing Division. p. 59.