Munich, West Germany
Marc Streitenfeld (born 1974) is a German composer of film scores. He has frequently collaborated with director Ridley Scott. Streitenfeld has composed the music for many high-profile Hollywood features as well as critically acclaimed independent films, including American Gangster, Body of Lies, The Grey, Prometheus, Poltergeist and All I See Is You.
Life and career
Born in Munich, Germany, Streitenfeld relocated to Los Angeles at age 19 and initially assisted Academy-Award winning film composer Hans Zimmer. Legendary director Ridley Scott offered Streitenfeld his first composing job when he asked him to write the score for A Good Year (2006). Streitenfeld has written five film scores for Scott, including the BAFTA nominated score for American Gangster (2007), for which he won the prestigious „Discovery of the Year" Award at the World Soundtrack Awards, the Sci-Fi adventure Prometheus (2012) and the action adventure Robin Hood (2010). He has also been recognized for his work with three ASCAP Film and Television Music Awards and two International Film Music Critics Association award nominations. Streitenfeld has worked with numerous other highly regarded directors, including Marc Forster on All I See Is You (2017), Joe Carnahan on the action drama The Grey (2011), and Andrew Dominik the neo-noir crime film Killing Them Softly (2012). Streitenfeld has recorded many of his scores at Abbey Road Studios, in London.
- A Good Year (2006) by Ridley Scott
- American Gangster (2007) by Ridley Scott
- Body of Lies (2008) by Ridley Scott
- Robin Hood (2010) by Ridley Scott
- Welcome to the Rileys (2010) by Jake Scott
- The Grey (2011) by Joe Carnahan
- Prometheus (2012) by Ridley Scott
- After the Fall (2014) by Saar Klein
- Poltergeist (2015) by Gil Kenan
- Hand of God (TV series, 2014-2017)
- All I See Is You (2017) by Marc Forster
- "Variety music feature - Composer Marc Streitenfeld is arduous in his search for the lost chord". Retrieved May 20, 2015.
- "Interview: Julie Delpy". Retrieved July 16, 2009.
- "Julie Delpy: 'I Love Everything About Motherhood". Retrieved July 16, 2009.