Munich, West Germany
|Occupation||Film score composer|
Life and career
Born in Munich, Germany, Streitenfeld relocated to Los Angeles at the age of 19, first working briefly as a musical assistant for composer Hans Zimmer, then independently as a music editor and supervisor on several blockbusters.
At the request of Ridley Scott, Streitenfeld composed for A Good Year (2006), after acting as music supervisor on Scott's 2005 film Kingdom of Heaven (scored by Harry Gregson-Williams). He then went on to score all of Scott's subsequent films up through Prometheus. He was nominated for a BAFTA award for Scott's American Gangster (2007). Regarding working with Scott, Streitenfeld said "I've done quite a few films with him now and every experience has been really good".
Prior to his work as a composer, Streitenfeld had collaborated with Scott as music editor, music supervisor and technical score advisor on several projects, including Matchstick Men, Black Hawk Down and Gladiator.
- A Good Year (2006) by Ridley Scott
- American Gangster (2007) by Ridley Scott
- Body of Lies (2008) by Ridley Scott
- Robin Hood (2010) by Ridley Scott
- Welcome to the Rileys (2010) by Jake Scott
- The Grey (2012) by Joe Carnahan
- Prometheus (2012) by Ridley Scott
- After the Fall (2014) by Saar Klein
- Poltergeist (2015) by Gil Kenan
- Hand of God (TV series, 2014-present)
- All I See Is You (2017) by Marc Forster
- "Interview: Julie Delpy". Retrieved July 16, 2009.
- "Julie Delpy: 'I Love Everything About Motherhood". Retrieved July 16, 2009.