L. Marc Zell
|Born||February 25, 1953|
Washington, D.C., U.S.
|Residence||Tekoa, Gush Etzion, Israel|
|Alma mater||Princeton University|
University of Maryland at Baltimore
|Board member of||Republicans Overseas|
L. Marc Zell (born February 25, 1953) is an Israeli-American lawyer, chairman of Republicans Overseas Israel and a vice president of Republicans Overseas, Inc.
Marc Zell was born February 25, 1953. He earned a A.B. from Princeton University in Germanic Languages and Literature with a concentration in theoretical linguistics, in 1974, then graduated magna cum laude from the University of Maryland at Baltimore with a J.D., in 1977.
After clerking at the Maryland Court of Appeals for a year (1977–1978), Zell joined Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Kampelman as an associate (1978–1981). In 1986, he formed the law firm of Feith & Zell, P.C. with Douglas Feith, who later served as Undersecretary of Defense for Policy, from 2001-2005.
After Douglas Feith left law practice to work at the Pentagon in 2001; Zell partnered with Bernel Goldberg to form Zell, Goldberg & Co., with offices in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv, and affiliate offices in Washington, DC, Russia and Europe.
In 2003, he joined the Iraqi International Law Group, the first international law firm in Iraq, and is currently a partner in the multinational law firm of Zell, Aron & Co. in Jerusalem, Israel, with branches offices in the U.S., Europe and Asia. He is currently the chairman of the Executive Committee of Ariel University in Samaria.
In August 2017, Zell condemned counter-protesters at a gathering of hundreds of white supremacists in Charlottesville, Virginia. Zell blamed the counter-protesters for the violence at the gathering, stating that they represented the "ugly face of progressivism".
In the 1980s, Zell developed an interest in Zionism and, after a series of visits to Israel, moved his family, in 1988, to the Judean mountain town of Alon Shvut. Since 2016, he lives in Tekoa. He supported Donald Trump for President of the United States in 2016.
- "L. Marc Zell, Adv". Zell, Aron & Co. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
- Whitaker, Brian (September 24, 2003). "Friends of the family". The Guardian. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
- Whitaker, Brian (October 7, 2003). "Zionist settler joins Iraqi to promote trade". The Guardian. Retrieved August 5, 2016.
- Prince-Gibson, Eetta (2017-08-13). "Republican Leader in Israel Hails Robert E. Lee as 'Great Man,' Blames 'Leftist Thugs' for Charlottesville Violence". Haaretz. Retrieved 2017-08-13.
- Tobin, Andrew (August 5, 2016). "Donald Trump supporters launch push for American 'swing state' votes in Israel". Jewish Telegraphic Agency. Retrieved August 5, 2016.