Fratzscher in 2017
January 25, 1971|
Bonn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
European Central Bank|
Goethe University Frankfurt
European University Institute|
University of Oxford
Axel A. Weber
|Information at IDEAS / RePEc|
Parents: Marion Fratzscher, Guenther Fratzscher (deceased); sibling: Oliver Fratzscher, Daniel Fratzscher
Marcel Fratzscher (born January 25, 1971) is a German economist and professor at Humboldt-University of Berlin. Since February 2013 he has been president of the Berlin-based economic research institute DIW Berlin. He was previously head of International Policy Analysis at the European Central Bank. He also teaches International Finance in the Ph.D. programme in Economics at Goethe University Frankfurt. According to a ranking in Handelsblatt, Fratzscher is one of the most influential German-speaking economists.
Fratzscher holds a Vordiplom degree from the University of Kiel, a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, Politics and Economics from Trinity College, Oxford, a Master of Public Policy from Harvard University's John F. Kennedy School of Government, and a Doctor of Philosophy from the European University Institute in Florence, Italy. During the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis, Fratzscher coincidentally worked at the Harvard Center for International Development in Jakarta, Indonesia giving him a close up view of a country affected by the crisis.
In 2013, Fratzscher was named member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Technology. Later that year, he joined Henrik Enderlein, Clemens Fuest, Jakob von Weizsäcker and others in founding the Glienicker Gruppe, a group of pro-European lawyers, economists and political scientists.
- Hertie School of Governance, Member of the Board of Trustees (since 2016)
- World Economic Forum (WEF), Member of the Global Agenda Council on Public Finance and Social Protection Systems
- "Deutschland rundet auf", Member of the Board of Trustees
- Journal of International Economics, Associate Editor (since 2013)
- Economic Policy, Member of Economic Policy Panel (2014-2015)
- "M.F. neuer Chef des DIW werden", Handelsblatt
- "Handelsblatt Ökonomen-Ranking VWL 2008", Handelsblatt, September 15, 2008, retrieved October 20, 2009
- Storbeck, Olaf (March 2, 2008), "Marcel Fratzscher – krisenerprobter Notenbank-Ökonom", Handelsblatt
- Professorin Christina Gathmann und Professor Marcel Fratzscher in Wissenschaftlichen Beirat beim BMWi berufen Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Technology, press release of July 31, 2013.
- Mobil, gerecht, einig Glienicker Brücke.
- Board of Trustees Welcomes Two New Members Hertie School of Governance, press release of March 24, 2016.
- Global Fiscal Systems: From Crisis to Sustainability World Economic Forum, Global Agenda Council on Public Finance and Social Protection Systems, May 2016.
- Board of Trustees "Deutschland rundet auf", press release of December 5, 2017.
|This article about a German scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|