Marcel Herrmann Telles
Marcel Herrmann Telles
|Born||February 23, 1950(age 69)|
|Residence||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Alma mater||Federal University of Rio de Janeiro and Harvard University|
|Net worth||US$9.8 billion (June 2019)|
Marcel Hermann Telles (born 23 February 1950) is a Brazilian investor and businessman. Telles is a board member of AB InBev. His fortune is estimated at $9.8 billion. Telles was able to increase their equity by one billion dollars since the last, Forbes magazine said. According to the magazine, the entrepreneur likes to practice diving and spend free time in Monaco.
Telles shares control of Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world's largest beer company, with longtime billionaire partners Jorge Paulo Lemann and Carlos Alberto Sicupira. Their investment firm 3G Capital bought Hamburger chain Burger King in 2010. The trio also controls Brazilian retailer Lojas Americanas. He is co-founder and board member of 3G Capital since late 2004, controlling shareholder, former Chairman and CEO of AmBev and Board Member of Anheuser-Busch InBev.
Telles was hired by Garantia in 1972. He was partner of Garantia Merchant Bank from 1974 until it was sold to Credit Suisse First Boston in July 1998. Telles was Head Trader from 1974 to 1989, Board Member of Burger King, Board Member of Lojas Americanas, Partner of GP Investimentos (Brazilian private equity firm) until 2004. He has a BA from Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, and an OPM from Harvard University. He served as CEO of Brahma from 1989 to 1999.
Telles is married and has two children.
- "Marcel Herrmann Telles". Forbes. Retrieved 2 January 2015.
- "Today's ranking of the world's richest people of brazil". Bloomberg. 6 November 2013. Retrieved 6 November 2013.
- "Corporate Governance". Ab-inbev.com. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Bilionários: os homens mais ricos do Brasil e o mais rico do mundo". Tenho Dito!. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on February 14, 2012. Retrieved December 2, 2012.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Conheça os brasileiros que compraram o Burger King - Comércio e Serviços - iG". Economia.ig.com.br. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "ABI Lemann Telles Article - Documents". Docslide.us. 2015-04-08. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Marcell hermann telles - Trabalhos de Conclusão de Cursos (TCC) - Renanperetta". Trabalhosfeitos.com. 2012-05-15. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "3M Founding Partners". 3g-capital.com. 2012-05-15. Retrieved 2017-03-31.
|This Brazilian business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|