Education and career
Schein studied at the universities of Vienna, Würzburg and Zurich, where he got his PhD with the best mark, magna cum laude. In the following years he taught at several European universities. In 1938, he emigrated to the United States where he joined the University of Chicago's Institute of Physics as staff researcher. In 1943, he joined the university's faculty. He was promoted to a full professor three years later in 1946.
- Problems in cosmic ray physics, 1946
- "Dr. Marcel Schein, U. of C. Cosmic Ray Expert, Dies". Chicago Tribune. February 21, 1960. p. 8. Retrieved August 7, 2022 – via NewspaperArchive.
- Marcel Schein at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- "Obituary: Prof. Marcel Schein". Nature. 186 (4722): 355–356. 1960. Bibcode:1960Natur.186..355R. doi:10.1038/186355a0. ISSN 0028-0836.
- Collected Papers at the University of Chicago
- https://web.archive.org/web/20070208073557/http://physics.syr.edu/~rsholmes/genealogy.html (biography)
- https://archive.today/20040818091217/http://www.astrocosmo.cl/astrofis/astrofis-03_06.htm (Italian)
- Guide to the Marcel Schein Papers 1929-1960 at the University of Chicago Special Collections Research Center