Marcel Sisniega Campbell
Marcel Sisniega Campbell (July 28, 1959 – January 19, 2013) was a Mexican chess Grandmaster and film director. Sisniega Campbell was the first Mexican Grand Master, earning the GM title in 1992 and the International Master title in 1978. Sisniega was a nine-time Mexican champion and three-time Carlos Torre Repetto Memorial winner. In a very respectable chess career he beat Viswanathan Anand, Artur Yusupov, Miguel Illescas and Jesus Nogueiras amongst others. He largely stopped playing after the early 1990s.
He was also a film writer and director. He is most recognized for his work in creating "Libre de Culpas" in 1997. His brother is modern pentathlete and politician Ivar Sisniega, and his daughter is Mexican-American actress Sofía Sisniega.
- "Fallece el maestro, Marcel Sisniega Campbels". Oem.com.mx. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- Marcel Sisniega Campbell rating card at FIDE, accessed January 21, 2013.
- Marcel Sisniega Campbell rating card at FIDE
- Marcel Sisniega Campbell player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Masterpieces of Attack: The Brilliant Games of GM Marcel Sisniega Campbell book review at chesscafe.com
|This biographical article relating to a Mexican chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|