Fonte at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival
Marcello Fonte (born 7 November 1978) is an Italian actor. He is best known for his role in the film Dogman (2018), for which he received critical acclaim and a Cannes Film Festival Award for Best Actor.
Fonte lived his childhood and adolescence in the suburbs of Reggio Calabria, where at the age of 10 he learned to play the snare drum in the town's band. He then moved to Rome in 1999, where he worked as guardian at the Teatro Valle and became passionate about acting and got small parts in television and film productions.
In 2018, Fonte received critical acclaim for his performance in Matteo Garrone's Dogman and is awarded with the Best Actor Award at the 2018 Cannes Film Festival. For this role, Fonte has also been awarded with the European Film Award for Best Actor at the 31st European Film Awards.
- Unfair Competition (2001)
- Gangs of New York (2002)
- The Order (2003)
- Blood of the Losers (2008)
- Heavenly Body (2011)
- Asino vola (2015)
- Dogman (2018)
- Io sono Tempesta (2018)
- Pinocchio (2019)
- "Marcello Fonte - Planet Film". planetfilm.it. Retrieved 22 September 2018.
- ""Sognavo in silenzio l'arte da un cantina occupata. Ero un intruso e oggi sono Dogman. Un film che è un universo d'amore"". Huffington Post. 28 April 2018. Retrieved 22 September 2018.
- "Cannes, Palma d'oro a Kore'eda. E l'Italia vince con Marcello Fonte e Alice Rohrwacher". La Repubblica. 19 May 2018. Retrieved 22 September 2018.
- "Marcello Fonte vince come miglior attore agli Efa". La Repubblica. 15 December 2018. Retrieved 16 December 2018.