Playing for Los Angeles Galaxy in 2013
|Full name||Marcelo Fazzio Sarvas|
|Date of birth||October 16, 1981|
|Place of birth||São Paulo, Brazil|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2014||→ LA Galaxy II (loan)||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:03, 28 October 2017 (UTC)|
Marcelo Sarvas began his career with Brazil's SC Corinthians Paulista debuting for the first team during the 2002 season. In 2003 the attacking midfielder joined Esporte Clube Noroeste and remained at the club for one year before leaving for Europe.
Sarvas signed for Swedish side Karlskrona AIF and remained at the club for one season before joining Kristianstads FF. In his first season with Kristianstad Sarvas scored 10 goals and helped the club gain promotion to the Swedish football Division 1. His play did not go unnoticed by higher level Swedish clubs including Mjällby AIF who signed Sarvas for the 2007 season.
In 2008, he once again transferred to another club in Sweden Bunkeflo IF. He was a top player for Bunkeflo and caught the eye of Polish top-flight club Polonia Warszawa. He appeared in 28 league matches for Polonia Warszawa scoring 2 goals, and in 6 UEFA Europe League matches scored 2 goals.
After two years in Poland, Sarvas returned to America this time joining Costa Rica's L.D. Alajuelense. Sarvas was given the number 10 jersey and became an instrumental player for Alajuelense and helped the club proclaim itself Verano 2011 Champion. He also was a key player in the clubs CONCACAF Champions League run, attracting the interest of other top clubs in North America, including Major League Soccer Champion Los Angeles Galaxy.
Major League Soccer
On 1 February 2016, Colorado traded Sarvas to D.C. United in exchange for targeted allocation money and a conditional 2018 MLS SuperDraft pick. He was out of contract with United following the 2017 season.
Los Angeles Galaxy
- "Marcelo på väg till Mjällby - Sport - Kristianstadsbladet - Nyheter dygnet runt". Kristianstadsbladet.se. 2006-12-03. Retrieved 2011-12-13.
- "DiarioExtra.com". DiarioExtra.com. Archived from the original on 2012-03-28. Retrieved 2011-12-13.
- "MLS: Marcelo Fazzio Sarvas nuevo jugador del Galaxy" (in Spanish). Goal.com. Retrieved 2011-12-13.
- "Two-time MLS Cup winner Marcelo Sarvas joins the Colorado Rapids". 2015-01-15.
- "D.C. United acquire Marcelo Sarvas from Colorado". February 2016.
- "D.C. United exercise contract options on six players". dcunited.com. November 28, 2017. Retrieved November 30, 2017.