March for a Better Way
March for a Better Way was a demonstration held in Dublin on Saturday 27 November 2010 at 11:30 am. Organised by the Irish Congress of Trade Unions (ICTU), it followed Ireland's admission of the EU/ECB/IMF troika.
The demonstration was one of the largest to ever take place in Ireland, with an estimated 100,000 people in attendance.
- McConnell, Daniel (21 November 2010). "The blackest day of the blackest week seen since the Civil War". Sunday Independent. Independent News & Media. Retrieved 21 November 2010.
- O'Halloran, Marie (22 November 2010). "Labour calls on Cowen to make statement to Dáil on bailout". The Irish Times. Irish Times Trust. Retrieved 22 November 2010.
- In photos: austerity protest takes to the streets of Dublin
- Brennan, Michael (22 November 2010). "Anger over plans to cut minimum wage". Irish Independent. Independent News & Media. Retrieved 22 November 2010.
Mr O'Connor called for a big turnout at next Saturday's "March for a Better Way" protest in Dublin -- the largest of its kind by the trade union movement this year.
- Thousands march against austerity measures. RTÉ. 2010-11-27.