This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Traded as||NASDAQ: MCHX|
|Industry||Digital marketing, Call tracking|
|Headquarters||Seattle, Washington, United States|
Number of employees
Marchex, Inc. is a Seattle-based public company, founded in 2003, with just under 300 employees. Marchex operates search, display, and call advertising analytics.
In October 2000, an internet-based company named Go2Net Inc. merged with another company named InfoSpace Inc. It was a $1.5 billion deal that set the stage for the formation of Marchex, a start-up company whose founders were all former Go2Net executives. John Keister, Ethan Caldwell, and Peter Christothoulou were part of the Go2Net team that founded Marchex, led by a fourth member, Go2Net's founder and the former CEO of Marchex, Russell Horowitz. In January 2003, the four formed Marchex, Inc. Each member of the founding team assumed executive responsibilities at the new start-up.
Marchex’s IPO was filed in December 2003 and the company has made several acquisitions since its founding.
In February 2015, Russell Horowitz stepped down as CEO while remaining active on the board of directors. Peter Christothoulou, co-founder of Marchex, Inc., was announced as Horowitz’s replacement.
In October 2016, both CEO Pete Christothoulou and Board Chairman Clark Kokich resigned from the company. The company is now led by an "interim office of the CEO" headed up by Anne Devereux-Mills, a Marchex board member since 2006.
Board of directors
As of October 2016, the board of directors at Marchex is:
- Anne Devereux-Mills – Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Nicholas Hanauer – Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Dennis Cline – Director
- Ian Morris – Director
- M. Wayne Wisehart – Director
- 2018: APPEALIE Best SaaS Award
- 2015: CIO 50 Most Promising Google Technology Solution Providers
- 2008: Search Engine Strategies Best SEM Technology Platform for SMBs
- "Marchex lays off more staff as advertising analytics company aims for profitability". GeekWire. 2017-01-24. Retrieved 2018-12-05.
- "Marchex CEO and board chairman depart after layoffs, disappointing earnings at advertising analytics company". GeekWire. 2016-10-03. Retrieved 2016-11-21.
- "2018 SaaS Awards - APPEALIE Honors 23 SaaS Apps". APPEALIE Awards. 2018-12-18. Retrieved 2019-01-10.