|Born||October 21, 1967|
|Spouse(s)||Scott Murphy (m. 2000)|
Jayne Centre Klein
Klein grew up in New York City where she attended Dalton High School. She graduated from Brown University. In 1989 Klein began a 20-year career at Saturday Night Live. As a producer and head of the show's talent department, Klein discovered a number of future comedy superstars, including: Tracy Morgan, Jimmy Fallon, Seth Myers, Will Ferrel, Fred Armisen, Chris Kattan, Darrell Hammond, Sarah Silverman, Kevin James, Jason Sudeikis, Bill Hader, Maya Rudolph, and Ana Gasteyer. She is frequently talked about as a successor to SNL creator and Executive Producer Lorne Michaels.
Klein has been nominated for 14 Emmys, winning four times, once for Saturday Night Live's 25th Anniversary Special and three times for 30 Rock. She has also been nominated for nine Producers Guild Awards, winning three.
During Alec Baldwin's 2007 Golden Globes acceptance speech, he personally thanked Klein and referred to her as "the greatest producer in the history of broadcast television," to which she received an ovation from the audience.
Klein married Scott Murphy in 2000 at the Wainscott Chapel in Wainscott, New York. In 1978, Marci was kidnapped and held for 9 hours until a $100,000 ransom was paid. Police arrested the culprits.
- Dumas, Daisy (October 20, 2011). "Calvin Klein's daughter Marci: 'I sleep with some guy, my dad's name is on their underwear' | Mail Online". Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- "Calvin's ex Kelly Klein to become a mother at 50 – Moms & Babies – Moms & Babies - People.com". Celebritybabies.people.com. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- Heymann, C. David (10 July 2007). American Legacy: The Story of John and Caroline Kennedy. Simon and Schuster. pp. 410–. ISBN 978-1-4165-4638-2.
- Itzkoff, Dave (August 22, 2013) The God of ‘SNL’ Will See You Now. New York Times
- Coughlin, Joe (February 16, 2015) Who are the candidates to succeed Lorne Michaels once he retires from Saturday Night Live, The Tonight Show, Late Night, etc.?. Quora.com. Retrieved on December 17, 2016.
- Saturday Night Live: The 25th Anniversary Special | Television Academy. Emmys.com. Retrieved on December 17, 2016.
- Rex News: "Calvin Klein at the Wedding of his daughter Marci Klein, Saturday Night Live Producer, to Scott Murphy at Wainscott Chapel in the Hamptons, Long Island, New York". rexfeatures.com (October 30, 2000)
- Klein kidnapping ends with arrests, Associated Press via The StarPhoenix (February 6, 1978)
- Three held in kidnapping case. The Telegraph (February 6, 1978)
|This biographical article related to television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|