|Born||October 21, 1967 (age 51)|
Scott Murphy (m. 2000)
Jayne Centre Klein
In February 1978, at the age of 10, Marci Klein was kidnapped by her baby-sitter. After her father paid the ransom, the police were able to track back the kidnappers. The baby-sitter said that Calvin Klein set up this abduction to get nationwide publicity.
Klein grew up in New York City where she attended Dalton High School. She graduated from Brown University. In 1989 Klein began a 20-year career at Saturday Night Live. As a producer and head of the show's talent department, Klein discovered a number of future comedy superstars, including: Tracy Morgan, Jimmy Fallon, Seth Meyers, Will Ferrell, Fred Armisen, Chris Kattan, Darrell Hammond, Sarah Silverman, Kevin James, Jason Sudeikis, Bill Hader, Maya Rudolph, and Ana Gasteyer. She is frequently talked about as a successor to SNL creator and Executive Producer Lorne Michaels.
Klein has been nominated for 14 Emmys, winning four times, once for Saturday Night Live's 25th Anniversary Special and three times for 30 Rock. She has also been nominated for nine Producers Guild Awards, winning three.
During Alec Baldwin's 2007 Golden Globes acceptance speech, he personally thanked Klein and referred to her as "the greatest producer in the history of broadcast television," to which she received an ovation from the audience.
- "Calvin's ex Kelly Klein to become a mother at 50 – Moms & Babies – Moms & Babies - People.com". Celebritybabies.people.com. Retrieved July 3, 2013.
- Heymann, C. David (10 July 2007). American Legacy: The Story of John and Caroline Kennedy. Simon and Schuster. pp. 410–. ISBN 978-1-4165-4638-2.
- Scott McCabe, Crime History - Daughter of Calvin Kleinabducted, held for ransom, Washingtonexaminer.com, 2 February 2010
- Itzkoff, Dave (August 22, 2013) The God of ‘SNL’ Will See You Now. New York Times
- Coughlin, Joe (February 16, 2015) Who are the candidates to succeed Lorne Michaels once he retires from Saturday Night Live, The Tonight Show, Late Night, etc.?. Quora.com. Retrieved on December 17, 2016.
- Saturday Night Live: The 25th Anniversary Special | Television Academy. Emmys.com. Retrieved on December 17, 2016.
- Rex News: "Calvin Klein at the Wedding of his daughter Marci Klein, Saturday Night Live Producer, to Scott Murphy at Wainscott Chapel in the Hamptons, Long Island, New York". rexfeatures.com (October 30, 2000)